lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Currently in France and went to activate my alarm with Bike loop, when I set the alarm lights flashed as normal then a beep. If memory serves me correctly that means something isn’t closed or set, I’ve flicked the switch in the cab for the loop.
Sorry to tag you on a night off Eddie eddievanbitz

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Make sure the loop connector is pushed fully home and the loop is closed fully as well.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, I recently had the same problem.assuming the van alarm works fine without the bike loop connected, It possibly means the wire has a broken connection at the connecting socket. In my case the wire loop was broken internally by my crushing it in the back door of my PVC. The loop wire simply provides continuity across the terminals fitted in/on the MOHO, the colour coding is not important on the loop but is on the van. I’m sure Eddie will be on soon to give more techie advice.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Your right you have switched a switch, on this van LHD it's on the dash, on our last van RHD you had to open the drivers door and it was on the end of the dash, but same type of switch.
If you unplug the loop it shouldn't do it. Bob. 20191012_213558.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thought it was supposed to flash when setting? Ours does, then the Blue LED's tell me its all set.
I suppose you could always try it out by pulling the loop wire out of its socket to see if the alarm activates, but wear your ear defenders:D
Sure its in the manual somewhere, but we are blokes int we, so only read on emergencies, or when "Our Masculine Logic" fails us:rofl:
Les

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
That's what the switch is for Gerry.
Its telling you, its plugged in but not making the circuit.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I think it’s the OP’s reference to the beep which is key; it means the alarm has a fault and the alarm is not set. It’s a clever system and reading the manual is really important. In his case I assume that switching off the bike loop would then enable the main alarm to be set (without beeps). That then points to a continuity break in the loop. The loop is made of several very thin strands and can relatively easily be broken particularly in the loop plug if any load is inadvertently applied to it such as pulling the plug out by the loop wire. The use of multi strand wire means a thief would not know which individual wire was providing the continuity and therefore prevent the loop being jumped. In an emergency a damaged loop could be replaced by a single wire but it would not provide so much protection.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I had an issue with the loop and it was simply a bad connection. Easily resolved.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I spoke to vanbitz on Friday about my bike loop giving problem - set alarm and get 2 beeps, if I undo and redo the loop connector it’s ok but twice now the alarms gone off when I’m out and was suggested to try spaying plug underneath with wd40, I’ve not done so yet but will if the rain stops

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back