Growler alarm triggered twice today! (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I am in the Algarve and its hot and the site WiFi is crap and only 3G available on the MiFi so having to use our WiFi iBoost kit. Today the alarm went off twice and the fault light sequence is 5 flashes which indicates a Microwave (hyper frequency unit) fault. The only thing in the cab tucked away to one side about 2 metres from the front centre is the WiFi iBoost router. Is this the likely cause of the problem? In which case I'll turn it off when we go to bed and when we go out. Otherwise I'm stumped as to what is the cause of the problem as nothing else has changed. We even used the iBoost earlier in the year in St Ives but didn't have this problem then! eddievanbitz nickvanbitz

Last edited:
May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Often a close by police station or supermarket that uses microwave data transmissions can play havoc with alarm systems, sometimes causing them to false flag or fail to disengage?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had this problem a number of times with our Growler - not sure what caused it. They replaced the sensor for us but it still happened on occasion. Very sensitive unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just arm it without the internal sensor the alarm will still work if a door or hatch is opened.?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you still 'hear' us? :giggle:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Check there are no metal items in the centre storage box (iPad or similar)

Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Happened to me twice a couple of weeks ago. Moved the 3 mobile WiFi from the dash cubby hole and no problems since.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We had the same problem with our Growler, went off randomly, a word with the Van Bits team revealed it was us leaving the USB charging leads over the dash and phone on charge in the glove box.
Makes sense really, as the phone is receiving data of some sort all the time, and The Growler is picking up the microwaves. So no more charging of phones when the alarm is set & armed.

Les

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Yep same here had a mobile phone in the center console, upsets the microwave sensor & the neighbours! ;))

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back