Growler alarm switches in cab (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All

We are away in the mh and i cant remember which switches do what for my growler alarm. I want to set it with the security loop through my scooter

I know the blue switch alters the outside lights brightness but i cant remember if its the red light switch that does the loop or the switch with no lights on it

Can anyone please refresh my memory only used it once before lockdown and just cant remember now what to do

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
It’s the one with no led
Pushy bottom of switch down, plug the loop in and connect it
The red Led is to switch off the internal siren
To turn off internal sensor when setting alarm press ABB ( to leave dogs inside for example)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
It’s the one with no led
Pushy bottom of switch down, plug the loop in and connect it
The red Led is to switch off the internal siren
To turn off internal sensor when setting alarm press ABB ( to leave dogs inside for example)

Many thanks
So we are sleeping in the van tonight with the alarm on what do you mean by press ABB i thought the guys just told me to turn the switch with the red light to the off position when having the alarm on but sleeping in the mh now i am confused 😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Many thanks
So we are sleeping in the van tonight with the alarm on what do you mean by press ABB i thought the guys just told me to turn the switch with the red light to the off position when having the alarm on but sleeping in the mh now i am confused 😆
Do you really want to discuss your MoHo security publicly, why not call Eddie Vanbitz in the morning.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Were you not asked if you liked ABBA at Van Bitz?
I was, so cannot forget the key fob settings....hopefully.
To arm the alarm when sleeping inside, turn off the internal sensor by clicking the key fob once on A, closely followed by two hits on The B button. The exterior doors, plus bike loop if connected are now armed.
In the morning just hit the A button once, the alarm is now deactivated.
Always turn off the internal sirens, they are wickedly loud as I am sure you know.
Dont do as many do and forget its armed in the morning, or during the night, opening the hab door will wake up the neighbourhood!
Good luck, pleasant dreams.
LES

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
TinaL thank you very much just what i needed to know, i was not told about the ABB setting i was only shown the 3 switches plus press small button to arm it and big button to set it off if required once set
Thanks again

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
TinaL thank you very much just what i needed to know, i was not told about the ABB setting i was only shown the 3 switches plus press small button to arm it and big button to set it off if required once set
Thanks again
Same here. I’ve learnt something new regarding the key fob. Will try this out (during daylight hours)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Not next to your neighbours either, stand OUTSIDE the van to test, just in case you haven't turned off the internal sirens:eek::eek::eek:
Good luck.
LES

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes i do thats why i posted my question
Well why not broadcast to the world how your security system works and make it easier for the scumbags to work out a way to overcome the security of our vans although I guess this is what the internet is for. !!!:mad:

a private message would have done the job. So next time a set of keys are nicked they will know how to overide an alarm.

that's why Eddie Vanbitz is always so carful about both briefing and not randomly sending out documentation. Now let me think the number of my combination lock to the garage is 5544 lick heck it is !

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well why not broadcast to the world how your security system works and make it easier for the scumbags to work out a way to overcome the security of our vans although I guess this is what the internet is for. !!!:mad:

a private message would have done the job. So next time a set of keys are nicked they will know how to overide an alarm
Didn't make a lot of difference if the instruction book is online :doh:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Do you really want to discuss your MoHo security publicly, why not call Eddie Vanbitz in the morning.

a private message would have done the job. So next time a set of keys are nicked they will know how to overide an alarm.

that's why Eddie Vanbitz is always so carful about both briefing and not randomly sending out documentation. Now let me think the number of my combination lock to the garage is 5544 lick heck it is !
I see no issue with this since all systems are identical and the instructions for changing the settings are Freely available. The potential thief has no way of knowing how it is set and so it makes no difference to him. The only way he will find out if the internal sirens/bike loop are set is to actually break in! :doh:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Something strange here, post 8 quotes Eddie vanbitz, but can't see the actual post that is being quoted.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This whole thread is going funny, my post has come up again.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Then I need to apologise, but to me any discussion on a public forum about how a security system works makes the system less secure.

just edited to say it’s not just if someone breaks I. It’s if your keys are stollen

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back