Ground spike or other option? (1 Viewer)

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I have just had a comedy vision of silver foxes dog being sqished as someone retracts the electric step am I a bit warped or did no one else want to say they had the same vision

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
How about the towing eye at the back or front? Just clip a carabiner over it, and save the hassle of stone ground.
Im to slow, barclaybasher beat me to it.
A ratchet strap at ground level round a tyre works well & there are more options for shade 'cos you can move it. It won't come off either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We use a air suction pad on the side of the van as a temporary tie when getting in and out of the van - they are in incredibly strong and the allow wheel trick as above

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wouldnā€™t happen as she is an intelligent and sprightly Patterdale Terrier šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š
Sprightly that's a bit of an understatement ... mine is feisty and doesn't realise she's little as she tries to 'intimidate' larger dogs by standing as tall as she can! :ROFLMAO:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not tried this but there are plates that you drive on like below to give an anchoring point - anyone tried these?

1614685871360.png

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
We either wrap the extending lead round the electric step or put the handle of the lead in the storage compartment of the cab door (with the door closed),depending on which way we are parked. The lead does have to be wrapped a couple of times around the step. OH tended just to loop it round. Caused havoc on a French aire when a neighboursā€˜s cat wandered past. Paddy lunged after it, pulling the lead behind him and upsetting the table of the catā€™s owners just as they started eating dinner. Thatā€™ll teach them to obey the rules!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back