Ground Conditions at Peterborough ? (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Is anyone familiar with the ground conditions at the show ground

These drought conditions appear to be just about what we can expect

We are on a CL site about 50 miles above the show ground and I suspect we may need a tow out due to lots of heavy rain since we arrived on Friday.

Just hoping the show ground is harder and drier than here

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am fully expecting to get stuck :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope who ever is doing the bacon sarnies brings double rations :winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Alan, I thought you 4 x 4 tuggers went anywhere......................:winky::ROFLMAO:

Over the years I can remember once with the caravan and tow car was a front wheel drive passat getting stuck, but managed to unhook and the car came out, man handled the caravan and away we went, and another time the farmer put the caravan on the pitch with his landrover, because he never wanted us making a mess. But most of the time we managed with out help. :thumb:

And with a motorhome only once have we been towed onto a pitch, and that was Bristol balloon festival a couple of years ago, but as luck would have it they dumped us next to Yoolie Jim and Marion and Blondie Pete and Di :ROFLMAO: so we had good company and a great weekend. :thumb: Everything was dragged onto the field and after the weekend everyone drove off under their own steam. :thumb: And that was wet !!!

And Warners will be prepared with tractors available, :ROFLMAO: because they want you at the show and they also want you off once you have spent all your money. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But just make us feel better and dig a hole where you are and see how far before you hit solid ground. :winky::ROFLMAO:

See you at Peterborough. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
My 4x4 will tug us out but we are in a field that looks like a bowling green.

It seems a real pity to put two big black stripes across it

See you at Peterborough regardless

Lynda and Alan

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You want to see the really nice site I am on. It looks like there has been a rally cross come through it.

2 motorhomes got stuck (me being one) and 4 caravans.
The worst one was the one pulled by a 4x4 who managed to spin all 4 wheels slipping the vehicle sideways. The field is an absolute mess at the moment. I am glad I got a pull out and onto a hard standing.

The difference between me and the other was that I found a sand trap. it is where the cables were layed and they filled it with sand. After the rain we have had it is now quicksand. As soon as I heard the wheels spinning I knew the treads were full of mud and stopped the engine and waited for the tractor..... :thumb: The rest seemed to think more revs was the key..

I tried to help a couple on Friday who got stuck, I suggested disonnecting the car and pushing the caravan out. But even with 3 of us pushing the caravan we couldn't get it to move. It was well bogged down. Before anyone says anything. yes we lifted the jockey wheel. I was lifting and pulling the tow hitch whilst the other two were at the back pushing.

My feet were going 2-3 inches into the mud....:Doh:

So... I am fully expecting to get stuck and will be going with a full tank of water and enough rations to last me a fortnight :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Seen a few stuck over the years, don't think any of them are still there:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Taking of the bacon sarnies

How many super markets have you wiped out for the rolls and the bacon Jim?

Or is it a case of looking far and wide on Saturday?

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back