N lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 424
Exp
6 months
564C46BC-CE1A-4298-95DE-8DEE166DCEB9.jpeg
564C46BC-CE1A-4298-95DE-8DEE166DCEB9.jpeg
Parked up in Barton bless grey water getting dumped in a town lol at least find a drain

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Seems quite common. We’ve seen a few UK reg vans doing this in Canterbury P+R and at Bury St Edmunds aire in the past week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Just dam laziness!!
Really annoys me when i see this, and have seen it on a number of occasions recently.
As said above, its not that difficult to find a drain, or hedgerow etc
We were in Newcastle last weekend, and saw a MH, probably 7mtr+ in length, parked in a ‘Loading Only’ bay right opposite the train station.
We then wonder why they don’t want us.

OP
OP
Ian1801

Ian1801

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
N lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 424
Exp
6 months
Ha ha think it would take more than that to make Barton holy

OP
OP
Ian1801

Ian1801

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
N lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 424
Exp
6 months
It was flowing well and had nice bubbles in the water ,

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just dam laziness!!
Really annoys me when i see this, and have seen it on a number of occasions recently.
As said above, its not that difficult to find a drain, or hedgerow etc
We were in Newcastle last weekend, and saw a MH, probably 7mtr+ in length, parked in a ‘Loading Only’ bay right opposite the train station.
We then wonder why they don’t want us.

Couldnt agree more. Joe public doesnt know the difference between grey and balck and thinks its disgusting.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm pretty convinced there are people that empty their grey tanks before they leave site, but then just leave the tap open. "Empty innit?". And if they never stop for a few miles, they never find out, so they always do it.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like a Bailey Autograph to me, if so it's deffo grey waste behind the offside rear wheel.

If you're desperate at least find a grid and a gutter followed by a kettle full of fresh.

OP
OP
Ian1801

Ian1801

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
N lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 424
Exp
6 months
Lol well done just checked on the other pic yep you’re right autograph (y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Ah! thats why!, if its a Bailey, the poor guy probably lost his entire waste pipe & drain off Tap a few speed bumps back in the town:D
Les

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I also hate seeing water being dumped inappropriately, our fresh water can spill over on roundabouts if completely full, so only travel with a part filled tank.
I struggle to open our grey waste tap, have no problems emptying the casette though. John always empties the grey
We were on a campsite last week, thankfully had only washed hands as we used site facilities mostly. He came in after disconnecting the electric to tell me the tap was dripping. I was furious, at least he knew he couldn't blame me. A total oversight and something we would not normally do, no one said a word to us either. Can see a note going on the dash for the future.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
What is it with motorhomers and grey water? In a rural area at certain times of year country roads can be covered, quite literally, in much worse than a few gallons of washing up water. Every type of animal excrement ends up on the roads at one time or another, road kill is spread for days on end, accident spillage is cleaned using detergent and water, cars wash their windscreens, and for some reason we're paranoid about a dribble or two. I agree with dumping responsibly but even dumping in a gutter is a non-issue. And I leave my waste open when the grey tank has been emptied and is not in use - that way it never gets smelly :D :reel:.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
What is it with motorhomers and grey water? In a rural area at certain times of year country roads can be covered, quite literally, in much worse than a few gallons of washing up water. Every type of animal excrement ends up on the roads at one time or another, road kill is spread for days on end, accident spillage is cleaned using detergent and water, cars wash their windscreens, and for some reason we're paranoid about a dribble or two. I agree with dumping responsibly but even dumping in a gutter is a non-issue. And I leave my waste open when the grey tank has been emptied and is not in use - that way it never gets smelly :D :reel:.

Totally agree, what happens when it rains and all kinds of crap is washed onto the road.... think I’m never leaving the house again...:censored:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It`s all about PERCEPTION, "Joe Public" see`s it and equates the act, with those who open the car door and dump everything, including soiled nappies!. Whilst in essence, a few litres of Washing water will in some measure even help clean our filthy road surfaces, It is more likely to give further "ammunition" to the Jealous Bureaucratic Barstewards who formulate the regulations WE are then forced to comply with. So for all our sakes, better not do it.

Oh, and BTW, not a good idea to show the number plate, shaming is all very good, and I would applaud it, But the P-C prats and some "plod" have different idea`s especially around "privacy". (when it suits them).

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Ah! thats why!, if its a Bailey, the poor guy probably lost his entire waste pipe & drain off Tap a few speed bumps back in the town:D
Les

Yeah, It's usually water getting in to them which is the issue... ALUTEC, All Loose Upon The External Chassis.

Can't argue with that...

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Les
That's my thought too - I don't think anyone would knowingly drive through a town shedding that much grey water?

Happened to us once - we had no idea we were about to lose the tap (and bracket) until someone shouted over that there was something metal hanging down at the rear. Pulled into the services and a soon as we touched it the whole thing fell off dumping grey water all over the car park. Probably some people thought we did it on purpose :unsure:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
That's my thought too - I don't think anyone would knowingly drive through a town shedding that much grey water?

Happened to us once - we had no idea we were about to lose the tap (and bracket) until someone shouted over that there was something metal hanging down at the rear. Pulled into the services and a soon as we touched it the whole thing fell off dumping grey water all over the car park. Probably some people thought we did it on purpose :unsure:
I know it happens a lot with Swift Vans, thats why I thought Bailey would be the same, as they are so low to the ground and stick out like a sore thumb.
Swift have been accused by members on the ST forum of not using any solvent glue to cement their waste pipes & Fittings together and the taps break off in cold weather.
There was gut at Baltic Wharf CMC site at Christmas that complained to me that his Bailey took forever to empty its grey waste tank as it only dribbles out, I suggested that he checked behind the tap and up into the tank for a build up of grease and debris to see if that was the cause of the problem, but his waste pipe was sagging down between the tank and the tap where there was no support, and water cant flow uphill (newish van as well)
Les

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Swift have been accused by members on the ST forum of not using any solvent glue to cement their waste pipes & Fittings together and...............
Les

We left the bracket and tap somewhere in the south of France. The roads were atrocious, hardly surprising.

Yes, it was not glued, but it really does not need glue, it has a metal bracket and good joint which can pulled apart for cleaning.

But we were so embarrassed and ashamed, 'er indoors spent the whole journey in bed with the quilt over her head and I drove with a paper bag over my head, two eye holes of course, to make sure no-one would recognise me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back