Grey Water Waste Tap Adaption (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
I'm looking for ideas to modify the waste water tap on our Elddis Autoquest so that it drains a bit faster.
It has what I believe is a standard on/off tap that you can push a hose connector onto.
What I had in mind was some kind of plumbing tap that might replace it so when opened it would 'whoosh' out and I wouldn't have to stand watching it slowly drain!
Have any of you made such a modification and what did you use?
Any ideas??
Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it's not "whooshing" out when you first open the tap are you sure it's not partially blocked? Give the tank a clean first and see if that helps. Lots of methods of doing that. We favour the cheap coke one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Don't forget that in order for your tank to empty quickly, air has got to get into it. I am not familiar with the plumbing on your MH but if your sinks and shower are trapped then no air will get into the tank.
The same will apply if you have plugs in place in the sinks and shower.
Also bear in mind that the grey water is probably taken to the tank in flexible tubing and if there is a low spot on any of these tubes water will lie in these spots and form a trap again stopping air getting into the tank.

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I got fed up and embarrassed at aires waiting for mine to drain. Tried other valves and so called fixes, all failed. So I took drastic measures and drilled a 2 inch hole in the bottom of the waste tank and fitted a pond gate valve. Then attached plastic pipe to the handle to open it without getting under the van. Total cost was less than £20 and the 100lt tank empties in less than 30 seconds. It was installed two years ago without any issues.

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks Vic, that was brave to do that but it seemed to work well. I'll add that to my list of ideas

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I find if you leave it open while driving round corners it will woosh out :imoutahere:

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Yes thanks, have tried that one already!!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our waste tank drained slowly on our Autosleeper. I took the tap apart and found a sleeve inside with a much smaller hole in it. No idea why they would restrict the outlet after advertising that it has "large bore waste pipes for quicker emptying". Anyway, I took the sleeve out and it drains twice as fast now.
It may be worth checking if yours has anything similar in it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back