Grey water waste drop (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi Your NEW van :Smile: usualy carrys a waste water tank capacitys vary but with europeans and coach builts about 80l to 120 litres theres a drain tap located on the side or under make sure the dealer shows you it!!!! most camping sites have motorhome waste point s..drop it there !! another way is do what tuggers do have a waste wheely thing and drop has you use like caravaners or a black waste jerry can . the gery waste will be marked near the fresh water taps and drains ..! you could carry it home and drop down a drain but you are carrying weight :winky: i prefer to drop on site before going home! if i go out visting places i leave it on board depends how much i have in the tank though:RollEyes:
:frowny: dont drop on your pitch its just not nice to get to a pitch with smelly water on! think off others:wub:

RAY

Last edited:
M

maxpax

Deleted User
black bucket

A very good point... I was using one of those grey waste water carriers and what a job I had to fix the drain hose pipe onto the motorhome waste pipe. It wasn't the same width and kept falling off. We tried to tie string to hold it in place, cloths etc. To no avail.

In future, I'm deffo going to use a large black bucket. It's only waste water coming from the sink and shower after all, nothing too horrible!:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We use a collapsible bucket which we bought in Woolworths - takes up very little space when not in use.

I actually saw a collapsible bucket in a pound shop this morning. Don't know how good it is but maybe worth a punt if you don't have one.

Graham

Upvote 0

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
We use a Wastemaster when we don't want to move the van i.e. shows. Also we always clean fat or oil from all pans etc with kitchen towel before washing up. 2 min job but helps to stop any smells from grey pipes or tank also prevets any "build up" ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
We use a waste water jerry can like this

Link Removed

It's adequate for all the washing up and two showers in 24hrs

We like to empty the tanks, both grey and black at the disposal point every morning as we dont want to drive with full tanks especially during the winter

Should it be a long walk, we strap the can and chemcal toilet one of these:

Link Removed

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Should it be a long walk, we strap the can and chemcal toilet one of these:

Link Removed

We have a similar trolley but bought it from a local camping shop for about £12.50 so worth shoping around. We use it for fetching fresh water in a 20 litre container when we are camping at musters - a couple of bungee straps are all that are needed to fasten the container to the trolley.

Graham

Upvote 0
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Trolley
We use an ally shopping trolley from Lidl (when they have them) cost 7.99... simply added a bar across to support any container you have to transport. ...and it saves carrying the shopping too:Cool:

Drain pipe
we use one from the local market... designed for washing machines it has a conical fitting which fits most m/h waste outlet pipes

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I fitted a 3/4 ins waste pipe with a half turn connecter/tap and extend this with 10ft 3/4 in hose to get to drains, which by the time I empty the loo on departure the tanks empty as well.If we have not moved in a couple /3 days(we may be dead)I just drive to the emptying point EMPTY then drive back:ROFLMAO: no hardship and useing the van as I see it was made for.::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Perhaps I should explain, the trolley highlighted was only for ilustration purposes.
I mean for that price I'd want it gold plated and chaffeur driven.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back