Grey water tank - Matrix (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Our grey water is now permanently saying 100% full even when totally empty. This has gradually increased over the past 6 months from 25% showing, then 50, then 75, but last few days now 100%. We’ve tried coke in the tank, and various other cleaning agents but it’s only helped for a short period, never cleared it totally.

My question is has anyone taken the red bung off their grey water tank, and if so, what does the sensor look like and how easy was it to clean? Any other help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The sensors are a bit like screw heads inside of the tank at different hights.
The could be simply dirty.
Maybe a good flush through.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mine has never worked..Not a problem.When fresh water runs out the waste will be full but I never let it get to that state.When on site I leave grey waste tap open and put a bucket under it and empty it when it's three quarters full.Fresh water I fill with a 14 litre watering can.Never let it get low I just put a couple of cans full in the tank every day.BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
The sensors are a bit like screw heads inside of the tank at different hights.
The could be simply dirty.
Maybe a good flush through.
Thanks Phill, do you think I can get my hand inside the tank and clean them manually then?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Use a bio washing capsule (same as I use in the loo) & leave enough water in it to swill around. I do this when we head for home after a trip & have never had an issue with the level sensors. Dissolve the bio capsule in a cup of hot water & pour down the sink followed by more hot water. Cleans the drains as well.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Use a bio washing capsule (same as I use in the loo) & leave enough water in it to swill around. I do this when we head for home after a trip & have never had an issue with the level sensors. Dissolve the bio capsule in a cup of hot water & pour down the sink followed by more hot water. Cleans the drains as well.
That is more or less what I do. I have had ours show 25% then up to 50% but so fat a good slosh around with a detergent water mix while driving home seemed so far to have done the trick.
When you dump after this you will likely get black bits come out, which appear to be the problem.
I haven't tried cleaning them by hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Phill, do you think I can get my hand inside the tank and clean them manually then?
Get your hand in and feel around for the sensors.... Could be small buttons on the side or 5 wire probes of different lengths from the top
Give them a clean then in a few weeks you'll have to do it again
Most are a gimmick and not fit for purpose.
An accurate and foolproof indicator is dirty water in the shower tray.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back