Grey Water Tank Cleaning/Descaling (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi Everyone.

Any good ideas on cleaning the grey water tank on our moho? Level sensors seem a bit erratic but don't want to pull it all apart to sort out as it isn't leaking. When its full it starts to overflow but I just keep an eye on it so empty when needed. Is there a cleaning solution one can buy to do the job? I read on an American site that putting in some liquid dishwasher fluid, topping up the tank then driving around for a while does the job but further advice welcome!
Cheers
Paul

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I empty mine daily if at all possible. its just silly carrying waste water about.
I use dishwasher tablets about every month. Crushed up in hot water and poured down the sink - then run around for an hour.
I also pour half a cup full of Zoflora lemon disinfectant down every couple of days to keep it smelling sweet.

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Yes I always drain off grey water before moving off anyway. We bought the moho a year ago and never cleaned the grey tank at all as yet but that will now change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Another vote for dishwasher tablets.
In another life I was brand manager for Sun dishwasher products at Lever brothers. Our technical guy said it's pretty well the most powerful detergent in your house

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Degunging the sensor might be a bit of a challenge without major work, but I have the luxury of not having one to worry about - I just assume that when I run out of fresh water it's time to empty the waste. I've had some success with the dishwasher tab method - speed bumps and a bit of clutch / brake / clutch helps, as does hot water if you can get it in there from a tap in the house ideally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

F12NKR

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 660
For the last run of the season, a week ago, when leaving the site I emptied the waste tank then half filled the clean water tank and added puriclean. Then pumped some of the clean puriclean water through the system via the taps and let it drain into the waste tank. Drive home 200 miles then drained it all down. That should do it!

Sep 19, 2018
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
3year
I use Elsan Fresh water tank cleaner. Treat the fresh water tank as per the instructions, then run it through all the taps into the grey water tank. Drive around to agitate it and leave to soak 24 hrs before emptying. Seems to work for me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back