Grey water pipe and tap (1 Viewer)

BigBee

Free Member
Oct 2, 2021
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Hi we recently bought a swift Rio340, our first MH, used it twice and things are breaking. The habitation door glass broke in two and I understand this is a common fault, so we will use silicone sealant and a sticker to cover it. Today, the grey water pipe and tap fell off somewhere on M25. Any idea where I can get a replacement and if this bracket is as it should be, or is also broken - it was like this when we bought her.

Attachments

• 20211002_175005.jpg
    20211002_175005.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 85

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
The bracket is as it should be, looks as though part of the grey bit has broken off. CAK tanks might have the parts you’re looking for. When I broke ours on a bush (don’t ask!) I ended up buying bits from a chandlery in Lymington.

Just taken a photo of ours for comparison.

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
Not sure if the photo is loading, our internet connection here is rubbish 😔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BigBee

BigBee

Free Member
Oct 2, 2021
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Thank you for the welcome. Not sure how to reply to people - I'm technologically inept 😉
I2C, sorry can't see a photograph, but thank you for trying 😊

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have a tap that would fit your clamp. I broke the clamp so had to buy tap as it came with the clamp. I got the whole thing frome onebuy. Same as eBay I am in Wales but heading up and down the m4 as far as Chieveley Wednesday and Thursday next week

here they are about the same price that I paid last year but do you need some pipe as well my tap does not go directly into the tank

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I have a tap that would fit your clamp. I broke the clamp so had to buy tap as it came with the clamp. I got the whole thing frome onebuy. Same as eBay I am in Wales but heading up and down the m4 as far as Chieveley Wednesday and Thursday next week

here they are about the same price that I paid last year but do you need some pipe as well my tap does not go directly into the tank

I fitted that exact same one to my grey water drain pipe last week. The two piece clamp bracket doesn't grip the tap very firmly so I've fastened a cable tie around the clamp to keep the two halves of the clamp closed tightly around the tap.

I suspect that the OP's dropped out of the bracket and dragged the drain pipe off when it contacted the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back