giddz

Free Member
Mar 16, 2011
East ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Unfortunately I lost my grey water drain pipe and tap to a large rock in a layby in France. I jury rigged a stopper until we got home but now need to replace the pipe and tap. So far the local motorhome dealers have been unable to supply.
My van is a Bessacar e560 and the only remaining piece of pipe shows 25/32 x 1 " as its size.
Am I better off trying swift dealers or going to a plumbing outlet to sort it out.
Whilst I'm at it is it worth replaceing the rigid hose with a flexible one?:Eeek:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If you want like for like try Link Removed. Swift staff read and post, so will tell you the parts you need to order.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Unfortunately I lost my grey water drain pipe and tap to a large rock in a layby in France. I jury rigged a stopper until we got home but now need to replace the pipe and tap. So far the local motorhome dealers have been unable to supply.
My van is a Bessacar e560 and the only remaining piece of pipe shows 25/32 x 1 " as its size.
Am I better off trying swift dealers or going to a plumbing outlet to sort it out.
Whilst I'm at it is it worth replaceing the rigid hose with a flexible one?:Eeek:

go to your local garden centre that also does ponds they will sort ya

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

Hi had same problem - went to a local plumber who fixed a stainless steel drain tap at the end of the pipe, Job sorted.
Just need to leave drain tap open in winter to stop it freezing up.

Norman

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
From my experience most are std 32mm or 40mm plastic available in most diy places, try swimming pool or fish pond stuff for a suitable tap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back