paul foster

Free Member
Aug 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
im a newbie
i have a autoptrail arapaho i took it out for the first time and while taking it off ramps i caught the grey waste pipe and broke it off. i have repaired it now but for some reason the grey waste is coming out of the over flow not the pipe.
anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?
thanks

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
i have a autoptrail arapaho i took it out for the first time and while taking it off ramps i caught the grey waste pipe and broke it off. i have repaired it now but for some reason the grey waste is coming out of the over flow not the pipe.
anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?
thanks
Ouch:(

I feel for you and bet you really cringed when you done it. Shame you haven't posted any before, during and after repair pictures as that would help:)

I have an Autotrail too and the water will come out of the overflow once the grey tank is full. You'll also note that water will slow down in the sinks and shower etc.

If yours is only coming out of the overflow and not the drain when you open it, then clearly it's blocked. Could you have accidentally blocked the ability for the water to flow down the waste pipe during the repair.

Also have you considered that you may have caused more than the damage you first witnessed. Could the impact have kinked the pipe in anyway, only further up and nearer the grey waste tank and you haven't seen it yet?

Good luck and keep us info'd how you get on for future reference :)

OP
OP
P

paul foster

Free Member
Aug 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
im a newbie
while i was away i did a temp repair and it was fine then today did a perm repair only 2 straight and 1 elbow connectors and 2 6inch bits of pipe.
i thought it may have been blocked so put the jet wash in the end and didnt seem blocked.
so stumped as to why this happened

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
always keep any connectors to an absolute minimum, as each one causes a restriction to the flow.plus use smooth bore pipe only as the convoluted stuff is great at clogging up with grease and detritis

take the outlet hose off the tank and check it flows right then clean out and replace the pipe and joints

OP
OP
P

paul foster

Free Member
Aug 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
im a newbie
do you know how i get access to the tank?

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I'd also suggest it's blocked ....The overflow pipe should be located near the tip of the tank so if it's coming out there the tank must be full

I'd remove the section you've added check it without it if it flows freely then try again ....but if it's full you may get wet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Open the drain tap, block the overflow pipe and run water into the tank via the sink or shower..

If it comes up the shower tray waste theres a blockage in the drain pipe/tap.
If it comes out the drain tap you got the tap on the overflow instead of the drain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back