Grey waste tank on '98 Hymer B644 (1 Viewer)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hi.
It seems to be one step forward and two back at the moment. As soon as I get one job finished another appears.
Could anyone tell me please what's involved in removing the grey waste tank. I've got a leak from underneath the shower tray fittings and the waste from the sink. Both fittings look as though they've been bodged in the past and I need to get underneath the shower tray to see what's going on and either reseal or replace the bathroom drain fittings. Can I just undo the tank straps and drop the tank or is that likely to damage any connections on the top of it?

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'm not entirely familiar with your layout... I fixed the leaking sink with a new waste trap and pipework, bought from Brownhill's Ebay store. Seem to remember the cassette locker giving good access ?

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Thank you Kaas. I've already replaced the sink waste trap, it was the exit through the floor I was struggling with. You are right I can access the lower part of the fitting through the cassette compartment as you suggested and I've found the elbow is split. That should fix my main problem when I get a new elbow. I can't see any way of replacing the shower drains without dropping the tank, but that can wait for a while. We'll just have to use the showers on campsites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joeo's

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I have a B534, so very different layout. However I have disassembled the waste pipes etc.
In my case access is available by removing the panel inside the door. $ screws hidden under brown screw caps.
When you get the panel off you can get your hand in under the tray.
Mine are all push fittings and easy enough to assemble.
If it is like mine, you would be wise to try to put the pieces of pipe in some kind of order when you take them out because it is a bit like a jig saw to put it all together, so that the drain/s end up under the tray hole/s.
Also the supports under the tray need care, so that the tray is supported properly when finished.

The pipes in mine are just push fittings so it may be that yours have come loose, or if a plunger was used the pressure may have used the joints apart.
Hopefully it will be easy to resolve.
Joe

joeo's

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Sorry, missed the point that you have found a split elbow.
My Last post is zero help in that case. Sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back