Grey Waste Pipe Length? (1 Viewer)

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
We normally use CAMC or private campsites, where possible with serviced pitches which also include a grey waste drain. Having got bored of repeated trips with a bucket to empty the tank, I bought a set of 4 of those Colapz waste pipes. The boss wasn't impressed, thinks I should have bought a longer grey pipe, and she might have a point - all 4 only just reached the drain on the last serviced pitch, and I realised that they are not long enough to empty at home, which we have had to do a couple of times already :-(.

So, for those who use waste pipes, what length is best (or do I just need to buy another 4 - expensive - Colapze ones)?

OP
OP
K

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Before you leave the site why not drive over the drain and empty it there?
Have done that too, but not all sites have one, and if staying in the same place for a few days don't really want to put everything away just to drive across the site to do this if there is a drain on the pitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Bought an additional two lengths of said expandable waste pipes in addition to that included in the kit. So far so good. Although it occurred to me, one breezy dark night, while snuggled up in bed...what happens if that wind developes into a gale Dram? Where's the pipe going to end up?

Top tip: always carry a handy half brick, you'll usually find one in SWMBO's handbag 👜 🤣,

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
I have a 2m and 6m length of grey waste hose and have found that both are either too short or too long so was considering getting 5 or 6 of the collapse type. Doesn’t answer your question but probably shows either option has drawbacks☹️

Upvote 0

TOT

Feb 7, 2022
UK and Ireland
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Bought 2 packs of 4 Colapze sets - use them 90% of the time albeit always seems to need 5 sections to get to the drain point.

Lessons learned Colapze - start selling packs of 6...!

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I use one or two coils of the same convoluted hose I use on the fish pool filter system, rolls up into a black bin bag for storing. Never blown away but you could always use a few tent pegs to keep it in place.

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
After missing several heads up on discounted colapz offers on MHF I reversed the source of a discount & just used Amazon vouchers to get the 8 pipe & cleaner kit.

I use 4 at home to drain grey a round drive’s the corner to the drain grate.
Then one pipe per water drain point to steer the flow into watering cans.

I think the most I’ve used together is 6 for a CL that preferred grey waste in their hedge line.

So, good shout for Colapz to have a discounted 6 kit TOT

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Was that in addition to a kit of 4 or 8 in the first place?

I've got one of those too :LOL:
It was a 4 length pack I originally purchased. With the additional two, the pipes can reach all of the site drains I've came across so far. Best wishes Dram

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Have done that too, but not all sites have one, and if staying in the same place for a few days don't really want to put everything away just to drive across the site to do this if there is a drain on the pitch.

Could I respectfully suggest a bucket or similar device for such occasions?

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We normally use CAMC or private campsites, where possible with serviced pitches which also include a grey waste drain. Having got bored of repeated trips with a bucket to empty the tank, I bought a set of 4 of those Colapz waste pipes. The boss wasn't impressed, thinks I should have bought a longer grey pipe, and she might have a point - all 4 only just reached the drain on the last serviced pitch, and I realised that they are not long enough to empty at home, which we have had to do a couple of times already :-(.

So, for those who use waste pipes, what length is best (or do I just need to buy another 4 - expensive - Colapze ones)?
I guess two things, the first is if you have space the cheaper option may be go for the waste pipes. But as we only have a 4.5 meter PVC Colapze is ideal and we went for 8, one word of warning don't step on the pipe........they fracture!

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I just use a length of old cheap (soft) garden hose, the tank acts as a buffer, it all drains slow but good. Takes up very little storage space when coiled tight. The same length as the van usually seems to work. A rubber tap connector fits my waste pipe outlet.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
If the water pipe is too short you won’t need a waste pipe 🤪
If your water hose is plenty long enough cut off 1.1 m and add it to the waste pipe 😎

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

You do know you can add more Collapse pipes don't you.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
? Haven’t tried the idea myself but at the link is “Paxanpax Drain Outlet Hose and Hook”
That looks like a valid cheaper option. 🤔
When I first looked at the post, both links pointed to the "adapter".
Has been edited since.

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
When I first looked at the post, both links pointed to the "adapter".
Has been edited since.
👍🏻think you were unlucky. The links were fixed ~40min before we got our follow up posts in. 🤷‍♂️😎

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
My solution 6m & 2m ...
1649772019791.png

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My experience has been dont rely on one method for anything, for waste disposal i have 2 folding buckets available and with the toad carry a waste master type box on wheels, the colapse pipe is a rediculous price , i have flat lay pipe ( not always successful) and waste pipes from 40, 32, 28 with various fittings that live in a box (square drain pipe) above the towbar.
1649801959132.png

1649801992231.png

Upvote 0

RapidoDai

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Newport, Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I use one or two coils of the same convoluted hose I use on the fish pool filter system, rolls up into a black bin bag for storing. Never blown away but you could always use a few tent pegs to keep it in place.
This is exactly what we do and never had a problem. Keep the end of the pipe in place with a tent peg and wire hook. Cheap too!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
It was a 4 length pack I originally purchased. With the additional two, the pipes can reach all of the site drains I've came across so far. Best wishes Dram
Thanks. By the sound of yours and others suggestions here, sounds like I need two more single pipes then...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back