grey waste on grass (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I never dream of emptying mine on a rally field. It's bang out of order, I always wait till I get on the road and open it full chat when going round bends and roundabouts. I've heard the grease is good for the road, :devil::tounge:

:reel:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I emptied mine onto the field this weekend. Twice. Along with a couple of thousand other vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I can see that waiting untill tank full and letting it go may make the ground wet but a sink full at a time is hardly going to be a problem? But a good post as it reminds us to just think about what we do and how it may impact on others.
Steve

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I was dumping my grey waste onto a grass pitch last weekend....not a problem as the Scottish summer weather ensured it was speedily washed away every night with torrential rain (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We carry a grid top around with us. Just throw it onto the grass, and stick your grey waste pipe into it. If anyone comments about the gushing water, just tell them the grid must be blocked. (y)

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
Worse just seen in Holland the motor caravan disposal point is for grey and black waste. It is close to a hedge but to protect the hedge four concrete bollards have been erected. It is a difficult to get your grey waste outlet over the 18" disposal without scraping your van and I think for some models impossible> If you don't get it right it can easily go over the road which I saw on a daily basis, rice etc it would run downhill to the two pitches opposite. We had temps of 30 degrees last week, it stank. Rather than empty their cassettes at the other disposal points they used the same one, often while their or someone else MH was over the pit emptying grey waste. I got up early one morning and found slugs etc enjoying the faeces that had missed the hole.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Worse just seen in Holland the motor caravan disposal point is for grey and black waste. It is close to a hedge but to protect the hedge four concrete bollards have been erected. It is a difficult to get your grey waste outlet over the 18" disposal without scraping your van and I think for some models impossible> If you don't get it right it can easily go over the road which I saw on a daily basis, rice etc it would run downhill to the two pitches opposite. We had temps of 30 degrees last week, it stank. Rather than empty their cassettes at the other disposal points they used the same one, often while their or someone else MH was over the pit emptying grey waste. I got up early one morning and found slugs etc enjoying the faeces that had missed the hole.

we carry 2 lengths of hose (2m and 4m that can join together) that we can attach to our grey water outlet to avoid such issues, some folk are just in too much of a rush, or more likely CBA'rsed

as with so many contentious threads, it often comes back to respect for others, nowhere near enough of it around these days (y)

Reactions: GJH

DavenRoe

Free Member
Sep 27, 2014
Bredenbury, Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
At the Malvern Funsters rally everyone was handed a welcome briefing sheet by the marshals that contained a request for folk to take their grey waste away with them because there were no facilities on site to dispose of it. No doubt the majority of people did that, but surely for many others to blatantly ignore this request and simply dump their grey waste on their pitches was very discourteous to the organisers and marshals, and undermined all their work and effort to organise and present a well run and responsible event . . . however there are always some folk who think that any requests or rules that are in place for the benefit of everyone, simply don't apply to them.
Incidentally, I worked with bacteria in animal health for many years, and believe you me you can find some really nasty bugs in grey waste.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back