bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
A very good motorhoming friend of mine drove off from a site once having done his chores. I was staggered to see a slight line of grey water coming from his van.

He is the last person in the world who would have done this knowingly. He thought his wife had shut the tap and she thought he had. When I told him, he was beside himself with embarrassment.

I am glad no one posted a picture of their van (with the reg no) on the internet, calling them names.

JJ :cool:

You told us you would never say anything. :LOL:

Ps Oh hang on, that wasn't us, we are the ones you filmed. :whistle:

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
In my previous van the fresh water tank could take up to 45 mins to empty,in Spain last year we had a "suspect" tank of water,on the way to a new site that we knew had good water I decided to empty the tank on the way.Of coerce we stoped in a village to pick up bread and I forgot water,a very irate elderly Spanish gentleman gave me a right mouthfull and I'm sure told everyone what a dirty *** the British are.
I'm glad he didn't have a camera with him.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I have to dump weight prior to our arrival home, otherwise the van grounds on the way up the drive, and always drain our fresh water tank en-route.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Any body know this grey waste dribbler? He emptied some of his grey waste at Aire Sur l'Adore Aire and then proceeded a to drop the remainder along the D932 to outskirts of Aire Sur l'Adore after a visit Lidl.
Waster!!
Between them, the super powers have detonated 2400+ nuclear bombs, irradiating the earth more than 3 times it's pre 1945 levels......now, there is the crime!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I have to dump weight prior to our arrival home, otherwise the van grounds on the way up the drive, and always drain our fresh water tank en-route.
Bet you don't do what the airlines do when overweight before landing, and dump fuel!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In an article I wrote quite a few years ago now, I admitted to dribbling grey water. The slowest drip, maybe at a rate of a teaspoon a minute all across European A roads. I got hate mail for month about that. Enough mail to make me reconsider the advice in the article, which for a quiet life, I eventually changed. Lots of people warned me of the dangers that a drip of water every 20 yards posed motorcyclists. Not that I'd ever come across such problems myself. In my many miles on a bike I don't recall ever losing control on some diluted shaving cream but maybe I was just lucky Jim. Rather than washing up water, as a biker I obsessed over mirrors and why drivers refused to use them.

There are lots of valid reasons for not dropping grey anywhere but I don't think danger to bikes, or the environment, or damaging some water course is one of them. Its good that it's socially unacceptable to dribble now, most non motorhome owning people don't know the difference between grey and black waste and their imagination runs wild if they see liquid leaving a motorhome. We have enough problems with perception and the last thing we want is public to hate us more.

Far more serious and something that should be socially unacceptable is running on over or under-inflated tyres. The increased scrub on the tyre means rubber is removed. All those compounds that make up your tyre form an airborne toxic dust that is a real killer, especially for the poor old motorcyclists. :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In my previous van the fresh water tank could take up to 45 mins to empty,in Spain last year we had a "suspect" tank of water,on the way to a new site that we knew had good water I decided to empty the tank on the way.Of coerce we stoped in a village to pick up bread and I forgot water,a very irate elderly Spanish gentleman gave me a right mouthfull and I'm sure told everyone what a dirty *** the British are.
I'm glad he didn't have a camera with him.

I remember stopping at a new motorway services and taking a shower. Then I went in to the services for coffee while Sian showered. The car park was smooth granite and on a gentle slope. With coffee in hand I returned to the van and there to my horror was a vast ocean of frothy waste stretching out from behind my van, it must have spread 10 yard wide and 50 yard long, a giant triangle of waste. it looked awful. My embarrassment was acute. Thankfully, cameras on mobiles didn't exist then, neither did motorhomefun or facebook or I'm sure we'd have been "shamed" :blush::blush:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Years ago when trucking I did peas straight off the field, no mater what you did to the tailboard it always leaked, :LOL: I had lots of cars passing with the wipers going they were all the same colour................ GREEN. :eek: Thanks to Birds Eye. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Not the decent thing to do but I have been guilty of forgetting to shut off the valve in the past.
I had to renew my tank valve recently because it would not stop "dribbling"
Cant tell you how many people were only too pleased to tell me about it.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back