Greta Thunburg (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
She is apparently recovering from Covid-19 and while doing that she has tweeted to urge her followers to take the threat seriously and avoid passing it on to those more at risk. Typical behaviour of teenagers nowadays.

Aug 16, 2018
West Wiltshire
Funster No
Exp
Long time
Maybe she is taking the advice offered on her last visit to the UK !

IMG-20200316-WA0018.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
At least College Green in Bristol may recover despite low CO2 from lack of traffic up Park Street. Her protest totally destroyed the lawn.

As for the School strike ... that's still going well ... er ...

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
At least College Green in Bristol may recover despite low CO2 from lack of traffic up Park Street. Her protest totally destroyed the lawn.

As for the School strike ... that's still going well ... er ...

College Green seems to have been repaired. It seems to have been done for £4k

It would not require any extra CO2 from traffic; either you knew that and was being provocative or you've fallen for the fake science spread by CC deniers... I wonder which :unsure:

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I like many could not stand the sight or sound of Greta, but why, she is young, what does she know, what gives her the nerve to tell me. The message she is spreading are undoubtedly the view of the scientific community, but its not one I want to listen to, I want to drive my vehicle where I want when I want, fly or cruise when I want.

I agree it's a shame that some grass got damaged in Bristol, it reminds me not to drive on grass in my motorhome in case I damage it, so those who are concerned about the grass in Bristol, you should probably not attend rallys in case you damage some grass, arguementative I know, but I have got nothing better to do.

I have decided not to dislike young Greta, I fear for her as she has known issues that will make her vulnerable when the limelight fades. I seriously hope she is wrong with her views or my grandchildren are in for trouble.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I like many could not stand the sight or sound of Greta, but why, she is young, what does she know, what gives her the nerve to tell me. The message she is spreading are undoubtedly the view of the scientific community, but its not one I want to listen to, I want to drive my vehicle where I want when I want, fly or cruise when I want.

I agree it's a shame that some grass got damaged in Bristol, it reminds me not to drive on grass in my motorhome in case I damage it, so those who are concerned about the grass in Bristol, you should probably not attend rallys in case you damage some grass, arguementative I know, but I have got nothing better to do.

I have decided not to dislike young Greta, I fear for her as she has known issues that will make her vulnerable when the limelight fades. I seriously hope she is wrong with her views or my grandchildren are in for trouble.

Your grandchildren are in for trouble as are billions of other people, partly because their grandparents and parents do not want to listen.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
College Green seems to have been repaired. It seems to have been done for £4k

It would not require any extra CO2 from traffic; either you knew that and was being provocative or you've fallen for the fake science spread by CC deniers... I wonder which :unsure:

The grass on College green used to be excellent. Still not nearly back to its pre-Greta state. More CO2 would be helpful. ;)

College-Green-Bristol-grass-photo-by-Martin-Booth-2048x1536.jpg

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The grass on College green used to be excellent. Still not nearly back to its pre-Greta state. More CO2 would be helpful. ;)

View attachment 375429
Have you seen Glastonbury or Womad or any of the other festival sites that can be knee deep in mud these sites recover quickly in comparison to the damage by global climate change. If your outraged by a peace of grass being damaged rather than inaction over climate change.....,,

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

View attachment 375429

No, it wouldn't be. It will look better once the weather warms up as Spring progresses.

As for extra CO2; some people might think that someone as smart as you must be right in encouraging extra CO2 for plants. Why haven't you mentioned that climate change enhanced by CO2 will retard plant growth?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Have you seen Glastonbury or Womad or any of the other festival sites that can be knee deep in mud these sites recover quickly in comparison to the damage by global climate change. If your outraged by a peace of grass being damaged rather than inaction over climate change.....,,

I have no idea what the correct Greta line is about Glasto or Womad but I suspect that they both contribute a great deal of extra CO2 and other pollutants. The clean-up after Glasto is notorious. Do these festivals get a free exemption by XR?

I can't see that a valid comparison exists between a well-maintained lawn that is a civic asset for the City of Bristol, and a farmer's festival field. XR and Greta got well-deserved criticism for their wanton destruction of College Green. Ends do not justify means.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I have no idea what the correct Greta line is about Glasto or Womad but I suspect that they both contribute a great deal of extra CO2 and other pollutants. The clean-up after Glasto is notorious. Do these festivals get a free exemption by XR?

I can't see that a valid comparison exists between a well-maintained lawn that is a civic asset for the City of Bristol, and a farmer's festival field. XR and Greta got well-deserved criticism for their wanton destruction of College Green. Ends do not justify means.

Wanton destruction? When was that?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Wanton destruction? When was that?

More than one occasion but the most recent and muddiest was 27 February.

To be fair I did agree that the Council ought to reject the application to lift the cap on flights and allow the owners to expand Bristol Airport. I believe that the Council was persuaded to reject the application on inter alia environmental grounds, but that was more likely to have been due to opposition by local pressure groups, not the extremists who protested in support of Greta and caused a lot of damage and disruption.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
The audiences there do not proportional to be saving the world, they just go for music. Just as bad for the grass but less hypocritical

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

To be fair I did agree that the Council ought to reject the application to lift the cap on flights and allow the owners to expand Bristol Airport. I believe that the Council was persuaded to reject the application on inter alia environmental grounds, but that was more likely to have been due to opposition by local pressure groups, not the extremists who protested in support of Greta and caused a lot of damage and disruption.

Do we have different definitions of wanton? I understand it to be (of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.

What about understanding how CO2 levels and how climate change will reduce plant growth?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

That Civic assets could have been re-wilded for example by re-seeding the majority with wild flowers etc neat manicured lawns do not sustain wildlife quite the opposite. Regarding any human gatherings in the main it does contribute to solution but there are many attempts by the organisers to off set this. and yes Greenpeace XR and other organisations use these event to provide education to the masses about their work and the need for conservation. So are festivals all bad....probably not are they all good probably not but they do try.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

Those local pressure groups and extremists are probably one and the same and could also be your friend who has a pint in the pub with you.........or who knows is a MoHo owner ;)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Chester racecourse 2 years ago after a motorhome fun rally, I wonder how long that took to recover. Its grass, a weed, it recovers. I certainly believe in climate change and that mankind is to blame but how do we do we change without breaching people's human rights or perceived human rights.
Migration at the moment is simplistically due to war and quality of life, if the sea levels do rise then millions of people will be on the move.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Chester racecourse 2 years ago after a motorhome fun rally, I wonder how long that took to recover. Its grass, a weed, it recovers. I certainly believe in climate change and that mankind is to blame but how do we do we change without breaching people's human rights or perceived human rights.
Migration at the moment is simplistically due to war and quality of life, if the sea levels do rise then millions of people will be on the move.

Should "human rights" apply to everyone or just the well off? Do they take precedence over human responsibilities?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Should "human rights" apply to everyone or just the well off? Do they take precedence over human responsibilities?
Or to put it another way........

Should “human rights” apply to everyone except the well off? :rolleyes:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Or to put it another way........

Should “human rights” apply to everyone except the well off? :rolleyes:

It might depend on whether the well off think that they have the right to damage the environment for everyone else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back