BillCrabtree

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Washington
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a 1991 Itasca Sunflyer MH. Recently we made a trip and when I got to my destination, I found that all my clearance lights, rear heater, and other chassis electrical were on. I could not get them to turn off. I have scoured my wiring system and diagrams looking for the problem and can not find where it is.
The disconnect switch works fine and I can disconnect power from the coach batteries. This will shut the power off to the chassis. My headlights, parking lights and the like all work fine off the chassis battery. But, if I plug into shore power, the chassis system powered back up. Any advice will be apprectiated.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Bill and welcome.

isolating the house (coach) batteries shouldnt isolate the chassis battery...the chassis battery should have its own isolator.

clearance light should only run on the main light switch ie: chassis battery.

once the main (headlamp) light switch is turned off you should have no running lights at all.

sounds like a major wiring short somewhere up the back of the dashboard or between the house/chassis battery isolator switchs.

ask the same question on funs sister site RVOC (RV owners club)..american RV,s only site and free to join..you're sure to get a positive response there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back