Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit D.I.Y
Exp
1 year
Hi all, Paul & Hannah here, aged around 40, bought a ford transit x reg, decided to try and make it into some sort of camper, just about managed to achieve this but it is very much in what people would call the basic range.
Hoping to find out information, meet new people and be accepted into this community, with open arms.
Anyway hope that gives you a little insight into our requirements, plus we are from Gloucester so if anyone needs any information about anything locally drop us a message and we will try our best to help you out!:Cool:
Also wondered how DIY campers and transit vans are perceived by the Campervan community, Will we be looked down upon or are our worries unfounded?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
You might find a problem on some sites, "No Commercials" But if it looks like a M/H, windows et al then I can't see you having any probs with site owners.

Can't see you having probs with other owners:thumb: We are a down to earth lot, might even get a few ideas or tips, plenty of advice on here, freely given too:thumb:

:thumb::welcomefunster:

kensteve

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Chalford Hill, Stroud, Glos
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout 2010
Exp
32Years Caravaning/Motorhomes
Hello and:welcomefunster: many members have a vast amount of info that will help you no end. All you need to do it ask and give as much detail as possible.

best wishes

Ken from Stroud ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Some sites, including the Caravan Club can be a bit snotty about homebuilds if they look a bit commercial.
I must say if I was doing a home build now, I would try to make it look as little like a motorhome as possible, then you can stop anywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back