Redsprint

Free Member
Nov 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion Hi To
Exp
Since 2000
Hello everyone! I would love to hear from anyone who can explain simply to me the difference in road tax financially and any other way, between continuing to tax our conversion-in-progress as a panel van (ex-Parcel Force) or going for the motorhome category change. The van is a 2008. It's been off the road for 5 years but nearly ready to launch now. This is not our first camper, but I'll keep this short for now and look forward very much to chatting with anyone who'd like to! I have big ears and plenty of time!

OP
OP
Redsprint

Redsprint

Free Member
Nov 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion Hi To
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks all of you! What a warm welcome! I love how active this site is and look forward to digging in to the first hand knowledge here, re fave sites, for a start. We started off with a terrible camper, which leaned over on corners on the drive back - (rotten) Next came Transit ex-ambulance, our bus for music camps .. blue light and siren only used once constable, honest!... after a few fold-up trailers and other experiments including another disastrous "camper van" we realised - DOH - Spend the money on the van, not something that looks like a camper! (When you don't have the money for a real one.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from across the border in Ciren! ;) (y)

OP
OP
Redsprint

Redsprint

Free Member
Nov 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion Hi To
Exp
Since 2000
OOooo all these welcomes is making me feel so great! Overwhelmed by how many of you there are, and so far-flung. Thank you - Fabulous. Just noticed I did not declare myself as not like my avatar in respect of not wearing a dress or a drum. Although I did have a dress somewhere.....Also, my chap is trying at this moment to register.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome from a sunny Pontardawe

There is no change in VED between a van or motor caravan

The biggest benefit for M4 users was 1/2 the price to get across the bridge! But these days, it's toll free...

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
sorry Nasher I was trying to post a like under your post as I can't PM you.... as far as I can tell?
think you have to pay your membersip to PM its very frostie in RCT but the welcome here is very warming and friendly

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
hellowelcome from Merseyside

By the way no different on the tunnel charge here either if under 3.5t.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Hello from Monmouthshire, (ex RCT)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun