Apr 6, 2015
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all

We are based in Mid Argyll and have had our motorhome 8 years and love it. Bought from Don Amott at Hilton, Derbyshire (we lived in the East Midlands for 16 years), our McLouis Tandy 366G has been a great buy.

This year, to celebrate our significant birthdays last year, and our significant anniversary this year, we are off for our longest ever trip - 9 weeks 'sur le continent' in June and July!

The planned route is Portsmouth to Santander then along the north coast to Biarritz before doubling back to Pamplona and on to Barcelona. From there we dodge up the Spanish coast into France continuing along the coast into Italy. Turning away from the coast we head via Lake Garda into Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, France and Belgium before heading home.

I have researched a mixture of sites (ASCI) and Aires but would welcome advice on sites, what to see, what to avoid and general tips etc.

We wildcamp a lot in Argyll and if anyone wants to the lie of the land here I am happy to oblige.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello_duck_by_greyofpta-d89fet6.jpg calling in to say welcome from here in The Scottish Borders. Love Argyll btw

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Welcome from err Mid Argyll! Trip sounds great, we are off to France in June.

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Hi ,nice to hear from you ,I love Argyllshire , love overnighting on the top of the Rest and be Thankful ,recent events excepted , also like Kintra on Islay .
This year going from Hull to Rotterdam ,1
June thru Netherlands , Germany , Austria , Slovenia , Croatia , back into Italy then France . You never know our paths might cross , take care .

OP
OP
AmjeC

AmjeC

Free Member
Apr 6, 2015
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi ,nice to hear from you ,I love Argyllshire , love overnighting on the top of the Rest and be Thankful ,recent events excepted , also like Kintra on Islay .
This year going from Hull to Rotterdam ,1
June thru Netherlands , Germany , Austria , Slovenia , Croatia , back into Italy then France . You never know our paths might cross , take care .
Hi Ian
As it happened I was returning to Argyll on the day the bus went over. The wind was so strong I diverted into the Forrestry car park on the right before you climb the Rest. Within 10 minutes Police, ambulances and helicopters were passing. I was very very lucky as a gust that topples a bus would have blown me into the loch.
By the way the Forrestry have now put up no camping signs at the Rest car park!!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome to you both:welc:

We're in Dumfries and Galloway, just outside Gatehouse of Fleet.........we haven't tried wild-camping yet, but Argyll sounds a good place to try it(y)

Margaret & Bill

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Hi and welcome from a central Scotland evict!
Ian & Ashley

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
greetings from south of the wall , I love Argyll , I have family links to the area , my grannie came from tignabruich:),I have traced the family history to a small church at Drumlemble near to campbeltown. I am also a land owner in Glen daruel , my missus bought me a wee piece of it for xmas ,hence the title ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:.
Enjoy the forum ,pay the subs, its the best value for a tenner that a motorhomer can spend:welc:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome from Eastbourne. :welc:
We are going to Italy in June/July and hope to head for Garda.
Enjoy your extended break.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back