Greetings from a serious newbie (1 Viewer)

djzolla

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hello all

I just wanted to pop a quick hello message and to say I am litterally starting to search for a motorhome for myself and family for the first time. Sho quite the task indeed! I guess there will be lots of questions from me so please bear with me whilst I wrap my head around it all. I am really looking forward to many new adventures when we finally land one.

Have a great day further.
Paul

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and welcome.

Not too serious please!

There’s no such thing as a stupid question,so ask away!

Have you looked at Jim’s Buyers Guide on here,it’s very good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya: and good luck.
Being a newbie, I would encourage you to pay the small fee of £15 to j up as a member here and then you can benefit from our collective advice. You can also download guides from the resources section. The most important one you can have right now is this one and could repay your £15 a few times over!

It is a sellers market at the moment so there will not be so much room for negotiation on price but it could prevent you buying a dud.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome,

You have made your first decent decision by joining here.
Your second decision is surprisingly easy as well.
Pay the £15 for the year and get a humungous amount of advice and guidance which will save you shedloads in the long run.
First up you get a new buyers guide which talks you through the weight you think you might have available to you.
this is unbelievably important if you have a growing family and want to take bikes with you and remain legal.
Weight should be your main consideration compared with your driving licence capability

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Brilliant to see you have joined up fully . You will enjoy it here 👍🏻 Nice one

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Subscribed(y)
Now go hunting for Jim's "guide to buying a new motorhome"

Read, inwardly digest, then use the search facility (top right hand corner) for previous threads. for example you might want a Rollerteam 690 (A very fine choice) but you could then see who has had issues with that particular model etc (nobody!!) or search for Gruissan to see what its like there or where to park for free around there. (That saves you 20 quid a night)

Then and only then, can you look at the "photo of the day thread" as if you start looking at that now from page 1, you will buy the first motorhome you see and jack your job in !!

Welcome again

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

Enjoy

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Hello and welcome

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
:welcome4:
Welcome Paul. When I was in your situation I spent two years on this forum getting as much info as possible, asking daft questions etc and visiting MH dealers looking around vans. The best advice I could offer about buying your first van would be, layout and payload is everything.
It's been said that many don't get the layout which suits them until their third van! So don't let your heart rule your head. Enjoy the journey!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back