Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
Hello folks.
Just thought I'd say hi as I've just purchased my £15 ticket to board this board. I'm a singleton whose had enuff of my life as it is so, on May 9th after my night shift ends, I'm off. After serious thought I've decided to quit my job and move out of my rented flat into a home with wheels. I'm not in a position to retire (I'm 54 and 11\12ths,) so I'm going down the seasonal work route. It's hairy and scary but so what. Life's for living.
Have fun.
Nonose.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:welco: And good luck... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Thank you for your welcome David. And as you "did something similar," what's your verdict?

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Thank you Old Mo and Hollyberry too for your supportive comments.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
I must admit, before opening up your post, I thought that your forum name something to do with your thread title:rofl:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcomehellowelcome
Enjoy your new life style and safe travels.

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Heh heh heh... an understandable mistake that Annie. Let's take this too the next level then. Nonose? but how do you smell?
Bloody awful. ;):LOL:

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Thank you muchly for that sentiment Anthea M. I will do my best. (y)

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Diolch, thank you for that F6c. (y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome!
Are those mobile toilets on you avatar?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to the fun house Nonose ... er, what's your 'real' name as it feels 'rude' to call you that! :D

There are quite a few funsters who are full-timers so more will probably pop along including the 'Likely Lads' ... @ianthebuilder @Fletton :D2

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hello Podney and thank you for your welcome. Yes, those are Portaloos. The right hand one is where I spent a very uncomfortable first night in the Moto gp paddock at the Aragon circuit in Spain. From there I hired a tent in an indoor campsite in a disused factory in the local town of Alcaniz. Fab times.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome!
Are those mobile toilets on you avatar?
If you have a fettish for mobile toilets you might like this snap which I took a few years ago in Ireland:

Toilets.jpg

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hiya Minxy girl. My name is Mark, pleased to meet you. Nonose is my nickname from skool. Thank you for the heads up on the existence of other full timers on here. I'll have to sniff them out, so to speak. ;)

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hiya Lennie and thank you. (y)

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hey Minxy. Top toilet shot that you have there. I'm not sure that I have a fetish for them tho... :whistle:

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thank you for your welcome David. And as you "did something similar," what's your verdict?

Our plan was to go full-time in our van last summer. The van was almost ready (self-build) when my dad fell ill, so we let the house go a few months early so I could go and help him out. I'd finish the van at the same time.

The plan was for Claira (other half) to stay at a relatives while she worked out her notice, then go and pick her up in the finished van and off we would go.

What actually happened was dad got worse (cancer), so I was looking after him all the time meaning the van didn't get finished. Then, when I went to pick Claira up (in unfinished van), it blew up. Actually it blew up twice (fixed once) and is now beyond economical repair.

So for the last 6 months we have been living in a blown up van on my dad's drive. Not the greatest of success stories in vanlife :D

But it has taught us something. We both LOVE living in a van. In fact just the idea of having to move back into a house really depresses both of us. Even with the disastrous start, neither of us have regretted our decision at all. And it can only get better.

We are now saving for a brand new van to convert (want the 3 year guarantee :D) whilst helping look after my dad (he is improving) and then we will be back to our original plan.

I don't think living in a van is for everyone, but for us it's perfect and there's nowhere else we'd rather be. Hopefully it will be the same for you (without the bad bits :D).

David

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thank you for the heads up on the existence of other full timers on here. I'll have to sniff them out, so to speak. ;)
Not sure you can get 'smelly' internet but if they are within 10 miles of you, you'll probably get a whiff of them! :D

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hello Drum major and thank you. I will definitely be 'going for it.' My first night of full timing is fast approaching now. That night will be a celebratory one, probably near Market Harborough.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just a thought ... what insurance have you got on your MH? If it isn't a full-timing policy it will be void.

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hey David. I admire your tenacity in bloody awful sounding circumstances. Power too you both. And I wish continuing health improvements for your Dad. With the will you both have, you deserve to succeed. I'll keep some digits crossed for ya. (y)

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hiya Minxy. I haven't picked the van up yet, that'll be next weekend. But I do appreciate your good advice. I'll for sure be getting full time insurance. That said, some of the seasonal work I've been looking at provide accommodation too, therefore potentially negating the need for FT insurance. I will review this in 12 months time I guess and see where I stand.

OP
OP
Nonose

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
Hiya Hils & Glenns. I appreciate your welcome and the good luck sentiment. Thank you both. I'm chuffed that my decision to go full time came as much from the head as the heart. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back