greetings all, new dorset based members.. (1 Viewer)

dorsetdan

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
c class (i think!)
Exp
newbie december 2012
i suppose whilst i'm at it, merry christmas and a happy new year too!!

hi all, new member(s) based in bournemouth. have a deposit down on this (Link Removed) a 1998 elddis autostratus - an upgrade from 2 years of folding camper ownership to camper as we have had that in mind for a while now and the voluntary redundancy i just took from work has timed nicely with what looks to be a seasonal bargain. will be picking up early feb (dealer nicely storing for us) and doing a 2 or 3 night local stay to work everything out.

doing lots of reading for now, insurance, storage (probably the biggest one), a bit about wild camping, and france/spain travel too - we're in our early 30's, my wife is pregnant with our second daughter due in april and our other first is just over 2 now so we are looking forward to some family holidays and the lack of restrictions on filghts for pregnant/new born - lower costs is a bonus too!

will be trawling the site for info about reversing cameras, satellite, EHU and battery charging, roof box or not,safari rooms or not, whether i can fit external locker access and shower, probably a growing list!

thanks in advance - i suspect i may well have a fair few questions!

cheers, dan

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome, merry Christmas and happy new year from another Dorset based motorhomer. Enjoy your future travels. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. I think maybe you are almost our youngest motorhome owning members, apart from the daft lot who are only just turned 16 3/4. do check out the chatroom and rallies calendar, many queries can be solved at a rally when people get their heads together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
:welcomefunster:

Happy Christmas and a good New Year.

Dont forget a dinghy and water wings - essential after this years weather.:ROFLMAO::helptitanic:

jeepmadmike

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
Welcome along, they seem a friendly bunch in here (only been here for a few hours)

We have found the "camper" to be great for family holidays but now with a nearly 6 year old and a 4month old we need a bigger van! (Yours looks like a better size to start with)

We are now looking for a van with a garage for the the junk that kids need!

You will find your always the young ones with a motor home on campsites, well we have! But it's ok as I'm old now (turned 40 this year)

jeepmadmike

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
Reversing camera wise I have used several cheap eBay ones 40 quid and prefect!

External locker access, that would be nice- I did consider making some under floor draws but never have.

We have a little square tall tent we pitch to use as a play room / night time store for push chairs bikes toys and BBQ

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
:welcome:

Must wear my specs more often.
Just read your thread title and thought "What's up with the rest of us?"
(Clue : read it without the comma)
:Doh: ::bigsmile:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
A warm welcome to you and your family.We have a van with the same layout as yours and think you've made a good choice,it will provide enough space for the 4of you to relax in even on wet days.I too have 2 young girls and although 42 still feel and act like a teenager which comes in handy keeping them entertained.
Think you'll find joining this site is the best tenner you've spent ,I did.
I'm still in my first year of motor homing and the info,advice and friends Ive met so far through this site has been priceless!
Vlad.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hi Dan,
I too am a newbie, not even got a motorhome yet. We live near Weymouth and when I have sold my caravan and my range rover we are looking at a trip to Germany to buy our MH. We want an a class if possible with a fixed bed and a dining area. LHD for continental touring, just the job
There is only the 2 of us, retired, so we can please ourselves.:thumb:
Best of luck with it, maybe we will meet up one day.
all the best and Merry Christmas
Bill & Sue

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Welcome to the site, you will find so much information here it will make your head spin, Naturally there may be some conflicting opinions as well.

Nice to see Dorset keeping its end up!

Happy Christmas.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome

Enjoy your MH and you new edition.

Pay £10:00 and you will get so mutchin return it hard to belive.

So many friendly people and only a few grumpy old bast- - -:ROFLMAO:

Like me

Mel

OP
OP
D

dorsetdan

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
c class (i think!)
Exp
newbie december 2012
hello again everyone, thanks for the comments and the very warm welcome, i had struggled to find what looked like a decent size and active forum but it turns out you really are all out there :)

been a bit slack with the reading and posting over the holidays, which i hope you are all enjoying too, funny enough it seems to coincide with the days i am working!!

have bought the camper now, dealer is storing til january-ish time, hopefully we'll pick up and start using in feb - have a bit of a deadline on that one as i have decided to go to the beer festival in Chappel (essex) in march so the wife insists we get away as a family first!

doubt i will get much work done today so am off to do some reading on safari homes and bike racks...

cheers all and happy new year - hope you have fun tonight!

dan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back