Green screen using HDMI fro phone (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Can anyone help?

When I'm connecting my Samsung phone via the HDMI connection on the Avtex tv via one of those little adapters to play some stored movies, I'm getting sound but a totally green screen. It works fine on tv at home.

Any suggestions techy folk?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can anyone help?

When I'm connecting my Samsung phone via the HDMI connection on the Avtex tv via one of those little adapters to play some stored movies, I'm getting sound but a totally green screen. It works fine on tv at home.

Any suggestions techy folk?

Suspect it is the wrong format video file .. and the Avtex simply does not like it.. ( though I do not know for sure as there are so many Avtex options ! )

Do you know what file format your fone is using at all ? And what model Avtex is it ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It'll be the file format as Jaws has said, Avtex TVs are quite fussy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I don't think it will be the file type, if using the HDMI input the TV won't be accessing the file directly instead the phone will be using the TV as a monitor.

My guess will be an HDMI handshake issue, the phone and TV need to talk to each other to ensure the best picture quality. Check the settings on your phone, I'm not an android user but I would think somewhere in settings is an HDMI resolution setting. Also check the HDMI input on the TV is set to auto.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Connecting via HDMI relies on the source to play the media, the display (the TV) needs to be able to support the image resolution and any HDCP protection. A USB connection is a simple srorage solution which relies on the player (in this case the TV) to provide the transfer, decoding and playback software.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I'm no expert, but it still comes down to formats, If the media player (connected via HDMI) isn't compatible with a format it won't play it.
Mickey.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I'm no expert, but it still comes down to formats, If the media player (connected via HDMI) isn't compatible with a format it won't play it.
Mickey.

You're correct about the media player having to be compatible, but it's the source device that becomes the player when using HDMI -the TV is a display device that just needs to be able to accept the HDMI signal.

Issues can occur if the display has older decoding software (HDMI 1.0 / 2.0) although hardware manufacturers are supposed to ensure backward compatibility. I've used my AVTex with HDMI 2.0 so that shouldn't be a problem and Dave(?) has used the phone and adaptor with another TV so that is compatible too. The only other things I can think of is a faulty HDMI lead or a HDCP conflict with AVTex, this would be unusual though if it worked with another TV.

It also depends on how the movie was obtained. For example -Apple disable all HDMI output on the iPad and iPhone for TV programmes downloaded from Sky and Virgin Media.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It also depends on how the movie was obtained. For example -Apple disable all HDMI output on the iPad and iPhone for TV programmes downloaded from Sky and Virgin Media.

That's nothing to do with Apple. It's the developers of each individual app.

For example SkyGo not working when you connect to an external display is entirely Sky's decision for licensing reasons. Apple don't care either way.

The same apps on Android and Windows devices are exactly the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back