Green cards no longer need to be green? (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2017
Funster No
NFU Green card is just on the back f the insurance certificate - and it isn't green :)
Saga Cover Note 001.jpg

NFU Green card is just on the back f the insurance certificate - and it isn't green :)
My Saga renewal starts 04/01/2021 this is what is printed on the back of the cover note, in black & white. I phoned Saga to ask if this was sufficient for the EU and was told would still need a Green Card, but could not send electronically for download, will have to post ! Not sure if the Saga employee knew the correct procedure like the current UK Government
Saga Cover Note 001.jpg
!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Phoned NFU a couple of months back and they assured me that the back of the insurance certificate would be all that I need.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Yes,b &w ok now.lets just hope the police forces know.
Mine's always green as it is emailed and I print on green paper, plus it is for whole year and foc.
Yeah, me too, keep a little supply of green paper just for that purpose... Always thought it was probably pointless but better that than get into a barney with some jobsworth eh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
And how much have your insurers charged for a green card?
We bought green cards arranged/through comfort insurance for visiting Montenagro and Bosnia ( as part of a Bolkans tour ) and the cost was £32 for each week or part week in the required countries.
Fortunately Comfort offered and arranged a refund as the tour was cancelled by CCC. due to covid travel restrictions.
Not so lucky with rearranged tunnel crossing as the tickets are only valid for 12months from booking, after which they cannot be extended further and expire ?

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
And how much have your insurers charged for a green card?

We have just phone our Insurance Company (Devitt through Caravan Club) to request a Green Card we were told it would last the length of our current insurance but there would be a charge of £15.00

Has anyone else been charged through a different company or are we being ripped off??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have just phone our Insurance Company (Devitt through Caravan Club) to request a Green Card we were told it would last the length of our current insurance but there would be a charge of £15.00

Has anyone else been charged through a different company or are we being ripped off??
No charge for ours, it was sent out of the blue to us FOC.

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
We bought green cards arranged/through comfort insurance for visiting Montenagro and Bosnia ( as part of a Bolkans tour ) and the cost was £32 for each week or part week in the required countries.
Fortunately Comfort offered and arranged a refund as the tour was cancelled by CCC. due to covid travel restrictions.
Not so lucky with rearranged tunnel crossing as the tickets are only valid for 12months from booking, after which they cannot be extended further and expire ?
I think the green cards we bought for Montenagro and Bosnia were expensive because those countries are not in the EU.
I wonder if they will cost the same now that we have left the EU as we will be looking to re-book this trip when/if its offered again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back