Green Card Statement from Comfort insurance today. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Dear Philip Fredrick Tew

We’ve been keeping you informed throughout key stages of Brexit negotiations to let you know how Brexit impacts your Comfort campervan and motorhome insurance policy. This is our final communication, following the UK’s exit from the European Union.

After 47 years as a member of the European Union the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020. The UK is now in a transition period until 31 December 2020. During the transition period motor insurance agreements between EU member states and the UK remain unchanged to those that existed whilst the UK was a member of the EU.

How does this impact upon my Comfort motor insurance cover?
Comfort motorhome and campervan insurance policies provide annual EU cover as standard. There is no requirement for a Green Card and the insurance cover you have is evidenced by your Certificate of Motor insurance. This situation will not change until at least 31 December 2020 and what happens thereafter is dependent upon the outcome of negotiations between the UK and the EU during the transition period.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Companies seem to vary. Some will issue green cards if you want the belt & braces approach - just in case some ill-informed gendarme decides to stop you.

As above, not needed just yet.

Reactions: f6c

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our insurer - Ageas - issued one out of the blue about 3 months ago.

I had neither requested it or queried the need for one. It just arrived in the post with a note to the effect of 'in case you need it'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Companies seem to vary. Some will issue green cards if you want the belt & braces approach - just in case some ill-informed gendarme decides to stop you.

As above, not needed just yet.
Some company's have been charging I believe. I really cant see the plod stopping GB plated vehicles and asking for a green card. They have much more important issues to deal with. If for sake of discussion they do check drivers documentation they will know what is required and what is not, It is part of their training.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Some company's have been charging I believe. I really cant see the plod stopping GB plated vehicles and asking for a green card. They have much more important issues to deal with. If for sake of discussion they do check drivers documentation they will know what is required and what is not, It is part of their training.
Whilst it isn't necessary the problem is that your documents aren't readable if they don't speak English. Whereas a green card is self explanatory.That's why I always get one for travelling anywhere in vehicle.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Whilst it isn't necessary the problem is that your documents aren't readable if they don't speak English. Whereas a green card is self explanatory.That's why I always get one for travelling anywhere in vehicle.
Our insurance cover note has translations on the back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Nor is the MOT Certificate(either paper or on-line, and parts of the V5C and my Bill of Sale.

Anyway if they cannot read it they cannot say it is wrong/invalid.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back