Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
My insurance company have informed me that to go for 3x months to Morocco I need a green card costing £174. Furthermore they say although my insurance is covered, I am not covered for breakdown.
Can anyone confirm this is correct and help on breakdown cover.

Thanks

Malc

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What are they giving you for £174:whistle: the green card is only proof that the minimum ie 3rd party insurance is in force for that vehicle
Morocco does require one

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
When we went in January, we had to pay for the green card, it was more than other travellers but not as much as you have been quoted, yes we covered for there but would have to pay at the time and reclaim once home, and if we had broken down had to sort that out as they have no operatives there but again we would be reimbursed , we are now with AIB similiar conditions again told when enquiring about the new policy but have not checked for Morocco yet with them for definite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just had a thought, if Morocco is excluded from their standard policy, you might be paying for an extension of cover, if so make sure its fully comp
You need to try and arrange recovery back to spain if needed where your normal cover will kick in

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, you will need a green card, which will cover you for any accidents, and it must be the colour green.

I changed to comfort insurance for morocco, so I could get breakdown cover - that is I would have to pay up front, and then claim the costs back.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Read the Morocco 2013. and 2014 threads.. Lots of info already on there..
Safeguard give Greencard free.
Comfort / MHF / Aviva you pay but its only about £20..

Breakdown, you wont get !!!
Best you may get is some form of " keep receipts and make a claim" thats what Comfort offer and why I moved to them after 10 years with Safeguard..
ADAC give a similar thing BUT unsure if they are still taking on new UK. customers.....

No way do they have any form of breakdown cover that you would expect in mainland Europe...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
saga green card is free or was.
it doesnt have to be green . i used to go in with a white green card issued by safeguard .
border insurance used to cost about 120 quid ,mind you didnt know what you actually got but it covered you if stopped by police .
if you breakdown get a friend to tow you to the local garage . ever village as one .
even getting them to pick up your vehicle isnt costly . get it repaired and carry on having fun .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I doubt the OP is being quoted £174 just for a Green Card - it must include insurance for Morocco which is not included in the standard policy - as it isn't in mine, which only covers EU countries. Which makes me wonder what will happen if Scotland goes independent?:D:D:D*

It sounds like the options are buying insurance in the UK or buying it at the border when you arrive. The Moroccan border that is. :LOL:

* Warning Will Robinson, wind-up alert!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My insurance company have informed me that to go for 3x months to Morocco I need a green card costing £174. Furthermore they say although my insurance is covered, I am not covered for breakdown.

Thanks

Malc
Jesus! and I moaned at £17.50 for 120 days cover with M.H.F.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
saga were doing recovery for free in maroc untill only a few years ago.
their policey used to take recovery every where the insurance policy allowed you to go.
its stopped now for maroc but cover for ins is still on .

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Paid today £32.50 for 120days fully comp ( allowance for one policy year ) , re-imburst on return , only enquired yesterday afternoon, all sorted and in receipt of my green card... Thank you Nigel of AIB ! defo alot easier than last year's application for it.

Kath

Last edited:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years

Thanks

Malc
Hello there I got my green card from camping and caravan insurance for free the policy cost about £300 for 1 year also I was with German company for breakdown or if the driver took sick they would get it home for you never used it but it gives you peace of mind it cost about 90 euro also they send people like the AA out to you in the uk it's called adac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back