Greedy Banks Take action here (1 Viewer)

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi everyone, I don't know if you feel as I do that the greedy banks that have kept the 1.5% interest rate cut need taking to task by the British taxpayers who bailed them out.... :Angry:

You can complain here ministers@hm-treasury.gsi.gov.uk or the website is here Contact us - HM Treasury the email link for the chancellor and ministers is halfway down.. also copy in your local MP... :thumb:

If you can post this on any other forums that you frequent it will help spread the word... people power, its time for our voice to be heard... don't be a silent victim.. :Doh:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wonder if they have reduced the interest they pay savers, whilst refusing to lower rates to borrowers. :RollEyes:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I wonder if they have reduced the interest they pay savers, whilst refusing to lower rates to borrowers. :RollEyes:

Good question Jim :Eeek: But i think we all know what the answer is going to be :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Here we go again -

spend, spend, spend.

bust, bust, bust.

victim, victim, victim.

Watched a programme on tv about a woman with credit card debt. So she took out a loan to pay the debt on her cards. Appears she thought her debts were cleared. She then borrowed on her credit cards to pay the debt of her unpaid loan to cover the initial credit card debt.

This country has become very ''thick'' over the last few years. I suspect that will continue.

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Here we go again -

spend, spend, spend.

bust, bust, bust.

victim, victim, victim.

Watched a programme on tv about a woman with credit card debt. So she took out a loan to pay the debt on her cards. Appears she thought her debts were cleared. She then borrowed on her credit cards to pay the debt of her unpaid loan to cover the initial credit card debt.

This country has become very ''thick'' over the last few years. I suspect that will continue.

Mikel you are entitled to your opinion but in this case you have it slightly wrong... The victims I refer to are the normal taxpaying british public most of whom are financially astute (unlike those silly people on TV last night...yes I saw it too) these victims are normal families with mortgages on their houses and the banks keeping the 1.5% cut is just plain greedy and unfair.... now if you are of a certain age with no mortgage and savings in the bank then I can appreciate you have a different view.... lucky you :thumb:

Looking at the latest news the chancellor agrees.... he has called in all the heads of all the banks and insisted the cut is passed on to customers..

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
No mortgage.

All investments in tax-free accounts (I sort my own tax out)

Majority of money in fixed-interest bonds all before interest rate drop.

Victim? Not me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back