Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
4BBA5596-833B-4187-B5BF-FC4EA7AC88CE.jpeg

After two months travelling from the Macclesfield area down to Greece, I feel I have progressed sufficiently to move from Introductions to Beginner and, that is not least because I have finally become comfortable with being “off piste” (I hesitate to use “wildcamping” because it means different things to different people).

My problem now is in understanding where and how to post details on this site or elsewhere of reasonable camp-stops (wild or otherwise)?

Meanwhile, thanks to all those who responded to my last post on this site. It is some of you who prompted me to be less reliant on official campsites (especially PJ) although two new leisure batteries also helps in terms of confidence.

A couple of days ago I rested up at Achiron Springs (N 39degrees, 19’39” E 20degrees, 37’8”). I had the place to myself and upon arrival I was met by an incredible Rainbow. I took photos and one of them is on my website although, weak photographer that I am, the reality is not easily captured on film. I have tried to attach a photo to this post but I know less about how to use the funsters site than I do motorhoming (apologies). That’s something else I could do with advice on.

I have since moved on and, last night, discovered a delightful little harbour (which I have not seen included on anyone’s map, even yours PJ). When I work out how to properly post details of the site, I will. Meanwhile, for anyone in Greece or thinking of travelling to Greece, I was at N 39degrees, 9’9” E 20degrees, 33’56”. What sets it apart from some of the other harbours I have seen here is not so much that I was permitted to park overnight on the small harbour itself but that the local taverna when asking what fish I wanted for dinner (they only do fish), asked me to nominate three different varieties because the fisherman they were sending out to get them couldn’t guarantee my first choice. Now that is what I call service.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Looks good, you can post all coordinates on here and you have figured out how to link photos.
I'd be inclined to start a new thread for your trip in motorhome chat or continental touring (not sure but that may require posting under a country heading ?)
Anyway play around and see what suits.
I enjoyed you travel blog.
Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Djenks

I have not got the satnav programme here as it is on OH's smartphone and she is at her Mother's, so what is the name of this little harbour? I may know it from sailing a lot of Greece.

Where do you live in Prestbury. I lived in Bollin Grove, alongside the Admiral Rodney, in 1990 when I was flying for Monarch from Ringway. The cottage was opposite houses built on the site of a school I attended 40+ years previously.

I hope you continue to enjoy Greece. I hope to be down there with the MH in May.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Djenks

Djenks

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
Just asked, Geoff. It appears I am in the seaside village of Lygia. I stayed on another day and I’m wondering now whether or not to move on tomorrow. It’s seriously good here.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back