PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I gave him a little bit of chicken when we eat last night and she's now moved in.
20220615_110020.jpg
20220615_105317.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
So! Tonight I cooked for Dave and Maggie which turned out to be a great success. I forgot to take a picture. However, the word is out in cat kingdom that food may be available and two cats turned up. We now debated if this smaller one was the offspring of the bigger one as she tolerated its presence. Perhaps she brought her along for a possible free meal.
20220615_193807.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Defender not Discovery. There is a big difference 😉😉😉

They have done well to get there as they’ve got the crap Ford engine in it, but I suppose it’s all they could afford. 😜😜😜😜
Thanks for the correction. My error ! I didn't know a person's wealth could be judged from the vehicle they drive.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Good afternoon from sizzling Crete. We are still here on Camping Grammeno with a further 8 days of our stay left before heading back to Greece. The days are long and hot now and we do very little, other than beach and sea, beach bar and alcohol, restaraunt visits and more alcohol. Yesterday we did our own BBQ and were having such a great time no one took any pictures. We plan to have anouther one before we go and hopefully pictures will be taken. Today is above 30 and once again we are just soaking up the heat and relaxing. Dave & Maggie just wandered past us heading for the Lybian Sea, no doubt never to be seen again. Later Gator.

20220622_162823.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Since arriving in Crete we have heard on an almost daily basis a noise that is a bit like a saw action going back and forth, back and forth but with a slightly higher pitch. I thought it was from a small bird and have since had it explained to me its from an insect and the call ia all about sex. They do this to attract a mate and then the fun begins. It can start and stop at anytime and can be heard through the day. We haver seen one until a few moments ago when one cane to close to Mena's cooking and it got roasted. Here Iit is and I'm guessing it's the insect I am referring to above. Randyosorus!
20220623_113203.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
T
Since arriving in Crete we have heard on an almost daily basis a noise that is a bit like a saw action going back and forth, back and forth but with a slightly higher pitch. I thought it was from a small bird and have since had it explained to me its from an insect and the call ia all about sex. They do this to attract a mate and then the fun begins. It can start and stop at anytime and can be heard through the day. We haver seen one until a few moments ago when one cane to close to Mena's cooking and it got roasted. Here Iit is and I'm guessing it's the insect I am referring to above. Randyosorus!
View attachment 633544
Hat would freak my wife out!! 😳

Earwigs are from the devil so that would be really OTT

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 633544

What do they taste like roasted?

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The wallet on the table is still bulging so I guess your ok for a few more big meals yet?😁😁
Lol! It does look rather fat doesn't it! Probably due to the spare hearing aid batteries I carry and a few Euro coins in a zipped pocket. Although, I will admit I'm spending far more on this trip than any other motothome adventure we have been on. Out again tonight too. More wine and fabulous Crete food. They do eat very well and half the price of other European countries. 36 degrees this morning when I stepped out. Quick ablution, morning exercise routine and straight into the Lybian sea to cool down. Awesome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back