Greece 2022 (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
“The B word has never been raised, oddly enough, on our previous trip into Spain and Germany it was never raised either and we had some good conversations with our European neighbours. If only we Brits could put it behind us too.:LOL:

Exactly as we found it on our winter tour, in fact some Dutch neighbours were of the opinion that the high taxes they have to pay at home ( eg. £150 pm for a car) would be a lot less if they didn’t have to pay the EU subs.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
“The B word has never been raised, oddly enough, on our previous trip into Spain and Germany it was never raised either and we had some good conversations with our European neighbours. If only we Brits could put it behind us too.:LOL:

Exactly as we found it on our winter tour, in fact some Dutch neighbours were of the opinion that the high taxes they have to pay at home ( eg. £150 pm for a car) would be a lot less if they didn’t have to pay the EU subs.

£150 per month tax for a car? Are you sure? That is £1,800 a year.

No vehicle tax here in Poland, but Poland is a net receiver of EU funds not a contributor. But vehicle insurance is far from competitive, so expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Blimey, that bridge has gone up, there only used to be a few €'s difference between bridge and ferry for a motorhome, ferry def a no brainer now.

Pete
Sure has we were there in 2015 went across the bridge and took the ferry when we came back. Bridge €9 ferry €7.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years

No vehicle tax here in Poland, but Poland is a net receiver of EU funds not a contributor. But vehicle insurance is far from competitive, so expensive.
So we were told by our neighbours, they also have a huge extra tax on new motorbikes over 1000cc, thousands we were told.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Question for you Greek geeks! How do we cook these? Are they ready to ear or require a BBQ, fring pan, boiling etc. More weird stuff to follow. ( You should see Mena's face when she looks at the stuff I have bought).
View attachment 619023
Well! Mena opened one of these packs last night and fried them along with some peppers, onions and boiled potatoes and man they were the dogs bollocks.
Talking about the dogs bollocks I was trying to explain this to a young European couple recently and the look on their faces when I said in England it had two meanings, one the obvious and the other meaning something of great splendor. I suggested if ever they met royalty they could say, your Royal Highness, I think your gown is the dogs bollocks! It's windy here this morning. We got up at 3 am to wind the awning in. It was secure enough but the wind was getting under the canvas and it was banging and flapping and no rest for us.

20220518_175942.jpg

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I wonder if any of those feral dogs attack the dogs belonging to motorhomers?? Really enjoying your updates.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I wonder if any of those feral dogs attack the dogs belonging to motorhomers?? Really enjoying your updates.
I have seen one spat between a ferel dog and an owners dog, initiated by the owners dog. The feral dogs I am seeing are very savy and just keep out of everybody's way and have no interest in other dogs. Most of them just tend to lounge near motorhomes in the hope of a hand out. Very quiet and very laid back imo.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I have seen one spat between a ferel dog and an owners dog, initiated by the owners dog. The feral dogs I am seeing are very savy and just keep out of everybody's way and have no interest in other dogs. Most of them just tend to lounge near motorhomes in the hope of a hand out. Very quiet and very laid back imo.
Never had any problems with wild dogs in all the years we've been going to Greece, in fact we were very tempted to bring one back with us once from Savalia beach..

IMG_3976.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3978.JPG
    IMG_3978.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3979.JPG
    IMG_3979.JPG
    769.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    643.5 KB · Views: 69
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
So we were told by our neighbours, they also have a huge extra tax on new motorbikes over 1000cc, thousands we were told.

Here there is an 'Excise Tax' of 18.6% on any vehicle whether new or S/H imported which has not be owned outside Poland for 6+ months prior to import.

The tax was challenged in the EU Court as being illegal under EU law as an 'Import Tax', but since it also applied to internal sales it is deemed legal.

It makes it very difficult if one wants to change an 'A' Class quality MH, as there are few for sale inside Poland. For example if I went out and bought a S/H Concorde as just sold on UK private market at about £175,000 it would cost me an extra £32,500 in tax. Our 2003 Arto is going to have to keep running till we leave this country, but I have confidence that it will.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back

Most EU citizens we speak with on our trips down in the moho to our boat in greece are totally bemused as to why we would completely screw our economy for so little benefit. We find it somewhat difficult to explain.....

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Most EU citizens we speak with on our trips down in the moho to our boat in greece are totally bemused as to why we would completely screw our economy for so little benefit. We find it somewhat difficult to explain.....
I thought our economy was doing very well until Putin started a war with Ukraine. I must read up more, not that it is of great interest to me the economy record that is.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are at our next stop. Thirteen motorhomes here. Parking next to the beach and near the end of the town. Beach restaraunts less than 100 meters from where we are parked and we are sitting here on the edge of the beach watching the waves crash onto the beach in front of us. The wind coming of the sea is warm too. A very tidy FLT stopover with fresh water from the nearby cemetary. Quite scenic too, tonights sunset should be spectacular.
20220520_195136.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are at our next stop. Thirteen motorhomes here. Parking next to the beach and near the end of the town. Beach restaraunts less than 100 meters from where we are parked and we are sitting here on the edge of the beach watching the waves crash onto the beach in front of us. The wind coming of the sea is warm too. A very tidy FLT stopover with fresh water from the nearby cemetary. Quite scenic too, tonights sunset should be spectacular.
Are you going to tell us where?
Of course! Kalo Nero.
20220520_203249.jpg
20220520_203249.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Yep, very expensive in NL, and they also pay at least 15 grand more for the same car too as there is not just VAT, BTW in NL, but also BVB, a second tax on new cars😱

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back