Greece 2022 (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
As far as I know, because there is no open deck, you cannot camp on deck with Anek (last time we travelled with them was 2 years ago so maybe they have another ship with an open deck). Be aware that Minoan advertise 'camping on board' but you have to stay in a cabin.

That’s what’s throwing me with Anek at the moment. The prices on the Piraeus to Heraklion route are (IMO) very cheap and ‘camping on board’ is an option, so I maybe wrongly assumed it was staying in the motorhome.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
That’s what’s throwing me with Anek at the moment. The prices on the Piraeus to Heraklion route are (IMO) very cheap and ‘camping on board’ is an option, so I maybe wrongly assumed it was staying in the motorhome.
True camping on board, ie you overnight in your motorhome, is available on the Italy to mainland Greece ferry with Anek but not on the next part of the journey from Piraeus to Crete.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The bar is loaded.
20220626_180922.jpg
20220626_180922.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Mr Grey has returned. What a beauty.
View attachment 634910

Had a sex change since post #481? :LOL:

I thought then that his face had a male attitude.

[EDIT - just realised you used 'him' and 'her' in previous post, so which is it?

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Had a sex change since post #481? :LOL:

I thought then that his face had a male attitude.

[EDIT - just realised you used 'him' and 'her' in previous post, so which is it?
Don't have a clue! They both look identical to me and I'm not inclined to establish their sex. What I do know is other campers call one of them, or perhaps both of them Mr Grey in the belief that one of them or both of them has a pair of balls. If it's really important to you, I believe Easyjet do return flights for under £130.0.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Back in the beach bar. Its anouther very hot day and I asked for something very cold and non alcoholic and got this it's called a frappette, or something very similar. It has ice, ice cream, and coffee. Cold coffee and ice seem to be the in drink on this island, everybody is drinking it. I will not be buying anouther.
20220627_154614.jpg

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Back in the beach bar. Its anouther very hot day and I asked for something very cold and non alcoholic and got this it's called a frappette, or something very similar. It has ice, ice cream, and coffee. Cold coffee and ice seem to be the in drink on this island, everybody is drinking it. I will not be buying anouther.
View attachment 635145
It's called a frappé. You are supposed to specify with or without milk, and how sweet or not you want it. Go on! Experiment. I'm sure you will find one that suits. Ice cream is a recent variant. Sacrilege!

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Two more days and we leave camping Grammeno. There was a dispute about the agreed daily rate and I managed to retrieve an email they sent me in March agreeing the rate and gave it to them for their information.
We have given Chris, who lives here our 20 year old 100% wool Axminster carpet. There are still many, many years left in it and he and his seven dogs will get great use from it. He was very kind to us the day we arrived here and it was nice to be able to give it to him.
Restaurant tonight and tomorrow night a fairwell drink in the Beach bar with all the staff. I'm going to teach them the meaning of....Bollocks, a load of Bollocks and the Dogs Bollocks. No doubt they will be saying to each other that all sounds English to me.
20220628_093420.jpg

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
The restaraunt have a very large garden at the rear and have ducks, rabbits,hens, and all manner of home grown food. Apparently this is one of the finest restaraunts in the area and serving over 400 people a night and from July you can only get in with a reservation.

Rakie!
View attachment 635685
I'll be glad when you leave Crete. These food photos are killing me. I miss that lovely grub so much. 🙄

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'll be glad when you leave Crete. These food photos are killing me. I miss that lovely grub so much. 🙄
I must admit we have both been taken by surprise about just how good Greek and Cretin food is. The portions are on the large size and much of it I's very, very fresh and we still can't believe how little we are paying. Tonights meal was under 40 Euros all in.

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I must admit we have both been taken by surprise about just how good Greek and Cretin food is. The portions are on the large size and much of it I's very, very fresh and we still can't believe how little we are paying. Tonights meal was under 40 Euros all in.
We lived there for 17 years and probably had half a dozen duff meals. Brilliant! Loads of places where they only have say, 10 portions of something. Then you find out it's because it was cooked at home by the owner's mum and carried round to the taverna. The true meaning of "home cooked". Simple food, not fancy, but so tasty and wholesome. Enjoy it while you can.

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I know that it's wrong to comment on autotext but really do think that Cretians would prefer not to be referred to as Cretin ::bigsmile:
Sorry to be pedantic, but its actually Cretans, but I agree about the Cretins.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
It's the shell of a cicada which they shed. After shedding, once their new shells harden, they buzz off to look for a mate ................. and that's when all the noise starts!
Looks like a mass breakout last night they can live up to 17yrs underground I believe. Very interesting life cycle they have.
7B0597E7-BE83-423E-BA0F-020CD7A6B227.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back