Greater Manchester tax on Motorhomes and campers (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Please sign the above petition, motorhomes straying off the motorways or coming from or going back to this massive area will be taxed £10 each day. The councils have made this pollution by their congestion causing schemes so that there is an excuse for bringing in this charge. It has been thrown out once in a vote and since they have stealthily set about causing congestion so they can bring it back.

OP
OP
Redken
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
<Broken link removed>
Here is a consultation also, please oppose it.

Mark Cookson

Free Member
May 18, 2018
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff 6700 Fl
Exp
Please please please people read and sign this petition.. Share it amongst your friends also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
The consultation is closed, I did answer when it was open.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I will have to pay £10 each time i drive from storage to the M60 approx a quarter of a mile.

Think yourself lucky lad.

If I want to drive my MH to my house in London, which I owned before the LEZ/ULEZ, it would cost me £200 return for LEZ and £24(?) for ULEZ

Geoff

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It also means I can't take my Dad (by wheelchair adapted car) to hospital appointments in Manchester without paying the charge. We don't qualify for any of the exemptions as it is my day to day car and not solely for his use.

Obviously I will pay the charge when I have to but feel it is just yet another tax on family carers and wheelchair users. I did make my feelings known but got nowhere.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The local councils are not looking at making the area greener, they are just rubbing their hands together at the prospect of making a lot of money and saying it’s not their fault they have been told by government to do it.
But it is accurate that they have been told by government to do it, along with several other councils.
All this sniping at Khan, Burnham &c is getting on my nerves - and I'm no Labour supporter.
Let's not forget that the London LEZ charges - and the refusal to make exemptions for existing residents with older motorhomes - were brought in by Johnson, who refused to change Livingstone's policy.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
But it is accurate that they have been told by government to do it, along with several other councils.
All this sniping at Khan, Burnham &c is getting on my nerves - and I'm no Labour supporter.
Let's not forget that the London LEZ charges - and the refusal to make exemptions for existing residents with older motorhomes - were brought in by Johnson, who refused to change Livingstone's policy.
The thing that gets me is that it covers greater Manchester not just the city centre or inside of the M60 as it was first thought, that’s a massive area, I’ve got loads of friends with motorhomes and for them to get it out of their drives and travel less than a mile to the M60 will cost them £10, it’s just another money making scheme. Local small business are just going to pass the costs on to whoever their working for. If you having an extension built then the builder, electrician, plumber, plasterer, roofer and anybody else you use are going to add there costs onto the bill, so if it takes them 14 days to do a job that’s 14 days charging £10 a day for each one each day.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Please sign the above petition, motorhomes straying off the motorways or coming from or going back to this massive area will be taxed £10 each day. The councils have made this pollution by their congestion causing schemes so that there is an excuse for bringing in this charge. It has been thrown out once in a vote and since they have stealthily set about causing congestion so they can bring it back.
£50 for me and £10 a day in my van.

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
I wish I had seen this sooner, it means I won't be able to visit my son and grandchild when we are in the van. They can't put us up, so we have slept in the van outside his house. :crying1:
I live in one of the areas this covers and didn't know about it until the last few days of consultation (which I opposed) they kept it low profile no leaflets through the door or anything!!

May 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
I live in one of the areas this covers and didn't know about it until the last few days of consultation (which I opposed) they kept it low profile no leaflets through the door or anything!!
Same here never heard anything about except on MHF. I'm right on the border, literally 100m, with Liverpool so if it comes in I'm hoping to evade it until Merseyside follows suit in a couple of years. Last couple of weeks the official road signs have been going up to say it will be ANPR monitored.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Same here never heard anything about except on MHF. I'm right on the border, literally 100m, with Liverpool so if it comes in I'm hoping to evade it until Merseyside follows suit in a couple of years. Last couple of weeks the official road signs have been going up to say it will be ANPR monitored.
It’s must be costing a fortune to add all the ANPR cameras that will be needed, mind you when their raking in the charges and then the fines from those who think they can get away with it they will be laughing !

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The thing that gets me is that it covers greater Manchester not just the city centre or inside of the M60 as it was first thought, that’s a massive area, I’ve got loads of friends with motorhomes and for them to get it out of their drives and travel less than a mile to the M60 will cost them £10, it’s just another money making scheme. Local small business are just going to pass the costs on to whoever their working for. If you having an extension built then the builder, electrician, plumber, plasterer, roofer and anybody else you use are going to add there costs onto the bill, so if it takes them 14 days to do a job that’s 14 days charging £10 a day for each one each day.
Yes, it is a massive area. It will also affect many people outside Greater Manchester (e.g. Glossop where I was born and brought up) who travel into Greater Manchester regularly.
The reason why it is so large is apparently because there are a number of roads outside of the M60 with excessive pollution levels. In part that is because the operators of so many polluting vehicles insist on using older roads rather than the motorways (and central government has allowed them to continue doing so). For example, HGVs using the A628/A57 rather than the M62 to reach the M60.
That does not alter the fact that the policy is that of the government, not of individual councils.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Has it not been on your local TV News (I found reports from the MEN)?
A zone is proposed for Tyneside and that has received a significant amount of coverage on local news programmes.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Has it not been on your local TV News (I found reports from the MEN)?
A zone is proposed for Tyneside and that has received a significant amount of coverage on local news programmes.
It’s actually been very quiet on this subject in the media, some might think it’s being kept quiet to sneak it in.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Think yourself lucky lad.

If I want to drive my MH to my house in London, which I owned before the LEZ/ULEZ, it would cost me £200 return for LEZ and £24(?) for ULEZ

Geoff
I basically need to get onto the A3 to begin most of my MH journeys. I am now in the position where I use more diesel driving the extra few miles to avoid the LEZ ‘spur’ to avoid paying £200 every return journey.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We used the Bury CMC site loads , cricket , shopping , dining out , spent oodles of money in the local area each trip , but wont now . Their loss .
I think you need to let places like that know that there going to lose business, probably won’t make much difference but the more fuss that’s made the better.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The local councils are not looking at making the area greener, they are just rubbing their hands together at the prospect of making a lot of money and saying it’s not their fault they have been told by government to do it.
Yes & far more savvy than they were with the poll tax so they have learnt ,unfortunately
who refused to change Livingstone's policy.
Now there is someone who has cost the Uk billions.
The London ULEZ was basically only notified to registered users &commercial operations through Transport for London.No local information for the 9 million living there.
Then when it was 'voted on' it took FOI requests + the threat of legal action to get them to produce the actual figures for the amount of people who actually voted on the introduction of the London Ulez.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Nothing but thieves IMHO

How long has the 1st one been going on in The Smoke??? Now they have created another zone. It's packed with traffic.
Nothing but nothing will convince me they are anything but money making schemes. It's utter bollocks.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes & far more savvy than they were with the poll tax so they have learnt ,unfortunately
Another case of councils having no option but to follow the law of the land implemented by central government. Don't blame councils for what they are forced to do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back