Great service from Brownhill's parts department (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I ordered a new window in September, due to manufacturer delays it was not dispatched until end of November.
Unfortunately the window arrived badly damaged, I suspect due to poor handling by TNT.
see thread here
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/damned-couriers.119688/#post-1638845

From my initial telephone call, Brownhills have provided perfect service.
All calls have ben answered quickly and in a courteous manner, with regular email updates and no chasing up. I was told a lead time of around 21 days, sure enough it's arrived well within time.

I had told Brownhills that I would collect the replacement window, not wanting to risk another potential breakage (despite being 170miles away)

Yesterday they called to tell me that the window was in stock.
They assured me that the replacement would be very well packaged and they were happy to send it by post.

Well it arrived this morning and was indeed very well packed.
I've just fitted it and am delighted with the result.

I've always found Brownhill's Parts Dept to be efficient but you never know how good they are until a problem arises - Must say, well done Brownhills :xThumb::xgrin:
IMG_2025.JPG

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I found them really good on our visit . Only problem we had was they ordered the wrong motorhome :xeek::xeek: . After a good try on their part and slagging off other dealers they did refund our deposit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I know how poorly Brownhill's are thought of. Never bought a van from them, although they did originally supply mine...

Over the years I've read enough horror stories, indeed overheard a few appalling conversations between Brownhill's salesmen.

However, the parts department have been consistently good for the last six years I've been a Hymer owner - only right to give them praise for the job they do :xThumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
The salesman we dealt with was a slippery twat which is why i repeated to him at least half a dozen times what i wanted regarding one aspect. He still pulled a stroke but admit i didn't pick up on it until the next day. They tried to tell me thats what i ordered and thats whats coming (the next day and at a weekend). I was prepared to go back and punch his lights out until they paid back my deposit. The salesman never even had the balls to talk to me the fat W==ker. Once bitten and all that. Nice to here they get some stuff right. They all rallied round to collaborate their story which is the most worrying part as i only dealt with one person apart from the one who took the deposit , a manager of some sort and the one who slagged off the other dealers. He told me stories about near punch ups with other dealers at shows, the idiot couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag :xrofl:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I will say though they have a great place there and all the reception staff were very polite and accommodating , just a shame that the particular arse we dealt with was a dishonest pillock that was probably chasing a nice commission. I totally understand the monetry side of things but not cutting corners on the goods.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We've also had super service from Brownhills parts department. Needed a new bumper and Brownhills were the only company to reply.
We were asked to check when bumper arrived for any damage before we accepted from TNT, I checked but missed a thin crack, Brownhills replaced at no extra cost and we now have a spare with an easy repair if needed.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
I have bought a couple of Motorhomes from them one from Swindon (Now Closed) where I dealt with a young lady and the second from Newark. Both times I had first class service. I have also had them put on some extras and the workmanship could not be faulted. I was dealing with a guy called peter hill who fitted a reversing camera (supplied by me) all I had to do was email him the information on the camera so when we arrived he was ready to go.
Just received an email from them to have a 2 course freebie xmas lunch. Cost me to much in fuel but a nice touch. Although I would think there would also be some free sales pitch involved someware.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
We got our van from them I would go back if they had a van I liked it's good to hear they got it right on parts now I have very little convidance in their servicing But I like them and use my own garage to do my work so I would buy from them and yes the Xmas dinner are nice we are going this weekend Hope I don't see somthing I like....lol

Deleted User
Well I had a phone call from them a couple of days ago. Hello Ms M**** we are calling to book you in for a repair under warranty for your sliding bed. Um sorry what? Your sliding bed. Me is there some sort of recall on the bed? BH no its a repair under warranty, did you have your van in recently for work? Me, nope I haven't got a clue what you're talking about, BH. Oh let me speak to the service dept and I'll call you back. Me, oookey.
Never called me back and as they asked for me by name it wasn't just calling the wrong number from a screen. Hope who ever is expecting a repair to their sliding bed gets it sorted.

Lin :)

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Sounds like Brownhills bless them .

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Had mine in for toilet circuit board fitting under warranty, had my free dinner also, lovely it was too.
Not had a problem with there work sorting Autotrails Faults.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
That's good . That's one van we've been looking at Comanches or an RV .

Deleted User
Well I had a phone call from them a couple of days ago. Hello Ms M**** we are calling to book you in for a repair under warranty for your sliding bed. Um sorry what? Your sliding bed. Me is there some sort of recall on the bed? BH no its a repair under warranty, did you have your van in recently for work? Me, nope I haven't got a clue what you're talking about, BH. Oh let me speak to the service dept and I'll call you back. Me, oookey.
Never called me back and as they asked for me by name it wasn't just calling the wrong number from a screen. Hope who ever is expecting a repair to their sliding bed gets it sorted.

Gets worse,
They called again today, messages left, not in response to last conversation that its not us, just a repeat, we want to book you in for the work on your sliding bed.
So I thought I would check with Auto Trail to be certain its not a recall. Email Auto Trail, no recall, but its part of an order raised in June including gas leak.
Then I called Brownhills back the young lady I spoke with couldn't confirm if they had fixed a gas leak. Seeing as we took ownership on 29th May, can't see how, unless of course they did it before we got it but then didn't submit the claim to AT until June, she couldn't help, customer services manager is out of office on a course so she will ring back tomorrow.
So I decided to ring AT, spoke with them, they confirm the order is against my van, but authorisation wasn't given to go ahead until July. So clearly it can't be my van? Colin said possibly the gas thing was a simple fix, which they did immediately but had to wait for authorisation on a new bed runner.
But he thinks is more likely they allocated it to the wrong van and it's nothing to do with my van. He then told me that although AT know I own the van, Brownhills have never actually managed to transfer ownership via Auto Trail to me, they are supposed to complete paperwork so that my owner Warranty starts and the dealers warranty ends. It's only been 6 months, how long do they need!!!.
Anyway would you believe it Michelle from Brownhills who is on a course today is only on a course at Auto Trail!
Colin is going to speak with her directly and find out what's going on.
Just further evidence that Brownhills are seriously lacking!

Last edited by a moderator:

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Yes it does look like they have not moved on and bettered them selfs I got my van 5 years back and they were even worse . But I still like them . I just go to my local garage and they do all my work . When I got it on the pick up day there was a scratch on the garage door so i said to the sales man there is a mark on the garage door . So he sed put a sticker over it that's wat u people do .........I just gave them £3000.00 for it . I was lost for words . So I can see why people stop going . The sale man was not there when I went back a few weeks later .

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
Bought my new van from Brownhills 7 months ago. It has had to go back twice for warranty work and a safety recall from Swifts. From the initial purchase and all the work carried out I have nothing but praise for them. But we do have one disagreement over the heike roof light. They say it is ventilation and I sat it is a draught. All calls have been answered without delay and any promised return calls have been returned on time and when promised. Had the Xmas dinner last week and it was very nice indeed.
I can only go by my own experience and it is a very positive one. Every MH dealer will get good and bad reports from customers. You cannot please everyone all of the time. I have been in retail sales for a long time and some customers you just cannot please whatever you do for them.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Yes I'm sure . May be they have got it right now . I'm glad because I like them and like I sed I would buy again from them . Hope all goes well on your travels swift do nice vans . John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back