Great North Run Sunday (1 Viewer)

robsons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
My son and his friends are running in race and are borrowing our motorhome to travel up Saturday evening to South Shields ready for the start. They don't need any services just somewhere safe and near to BENTS Park area for transport to start. Any suggestions please. They are running for our Hospice Thankyou:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Robsons

There is a site along the sea front at South Shields, details below.

Sandhaven Caravan Park
Sea Road
South Shields
Tyne and Wear
NE33 2LD
Tel: 0191 454 5594

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Probably best to use a recognised site, as Brisey suggests.

South Tyneside council told me that the town centre car parks are too tight for motorhomes (wouldn't fancy overnighting there anyway) and that, due to joy riders and anti social behaviour by some users. many of the foreshore car parks have no overnight parking in them.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Leonard

Deleted User
Hiya, Robsons, I live in South Shields and may be able to offer advice on a sleepyspot, Caravan sites are fully booked so forget them. However ,because they are not official sites I would rather PM them to you if you,re interested.:thumb:

PM me if interested:Cool:

OP
OP
R

robsons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
thanks

Hiya, Robsons, I live in South Shields and may be able to offer advice on a sleepyspot, Caravan sites are fully booked so forget them. However ,because they are not official sites I would rather PM them to you if you,re interested.:thumb:

PM me if interested:Cool:

Thanks Leonard - Sorry don't know how to do a PM (not very techy). Have Just read your post so sorry didn't reply earlier. The lads have set off now and I've told them to try and get into Bents Park or failing that find a decent looking pub and ask the landlord. Think they will ring me if they get stuck so if you have any info and read this this evening perhaps you could email me on werobson@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks:RollEyes::Smile:

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Sorry could have offered help earlier in week both neighbors have taken Motorhomes up for the run as their relatives are taking part but gone Friday morning.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back