Great news we’ve put on weight ! (1 Viewer)

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
When looking for our first motorhome, medical restrictions limited our options to our final choice of Hymer Exsis I with a MIRO of 2890kg which leaves a reasonable payload load as long we’re considerate.

Following a long drawn out process with the DVLA and doctors (get your MP involved early is my advice) the restrictions were lifted a few weeks ago (all be it with 24 month check-ups).

After seeing some threads on here about how easy it is to ‘down plate’ a motorhome, I decided to contact the dealer to see if it was not to late to get our order ‘up plated’ to 3850kg ….good news its done !

Woohooo no more dieting

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well done on ya weight gain ;) look forward to more posts from you when you get your van . What restrictions were lifted ? X kind regards Kate

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I was on insulin so was restricted to 3500kg and a short term license, with out a medical but when I came off it I contacted the DVLA who sent out a license with out the need to renew every three years ( ? ).

At that point I assumed that the restriction for 3500kg was lifted too.
It was pure chance that I looked at the license before looking at motorhomes and realised that the 3500kg hadn't been lifted !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I was on insulin so was restricted to 3500kg and a short term license, with out a medical but when I came off it I contacted the DVLA who sent out a license with out the need to renew every three years ( ? ).

At that point I assumed that the restriction for 3500kg was lifted too.
It was pure chance that I looked at the license before looking at motorhomes and realised that the 3500kg hadn't been lifted !
Wow that was lucky that you looked at the licence X pleased it's all worked out ok for you . Hope to meet you at a meet or two
Regards Kate

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yeah - they don't automatically reinstate anything Alistair - as those of us permanently on insulin know only too well.

Lucky you not being T1 ! LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back