Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Enjoy detail so your answer is great.

I didn't put it very well about the visa thing. If you spend every day of your US visa in the US and then on the last day cross to Canada with the intention of not returning to the US with your vehicle, you will have had 6 months solid in the US and then whatever time you want / are allowed in Canada to add to the US visa time, making your trip 6 months + Canada time. That is assuming that you then fly back from Canada of course.

That sound about right?

Is the shipping cost the same for Halifax as Baltimore?
You are correct - you would then have 9 months in total as I think Canadian tourist visa is 3 months or you could apply for a longer Canadian visa for sure

Shipping cost - couple of hundred Euros dearer - nothing in it really and will save that not going to Antwerp to collect it!

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
IMG_2087.PNG
IMG_5067.JPG
Another day, another State on the map Now in Vancouver. The pins show the overnight stays.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You have 4 of the states I visited but missed out on the other 7 :)
or
I visited 4 of the states you did but missed out on the other 13 :)

All a matter of perspective :D

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
BC is one of my favourite places on earth, just spent 5 weeks there, done just under 3k miles in that time, love it.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You have 4 of the states I visited but missed out on the other 7 :)
or
I visited 4 of the states you did but missed out on the other 13 :)

All a matter of perspective :D

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' (y)
Love it!,

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just gone last day 100 on the trip and 10,500 miles. Map of our stays to date below - we are now in Montana and have changed our plans such that we intend now to return from Halifax Nova Scotia, Blog is a bit behind due to lack of internet access.

img_2224.png

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fancy missing out on Wyoming and Colorado, two of my favourite states, so much to see in both states , but I realise you could not see everything, more's the pity, you're just going to have to return to see them.!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
While you're in Montana, don't miss the Little Big Horn battleground, it's a really well presented memorial that gives a very good insight into the battle as you walk around the difficult terrain.
Then drop down into Wyoming - the state of most of my cowboying (well, cowGIRLing really), the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody is well worth a visit.

Hope you're still loving your travels (y)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Fancy missing out on Wyoming and Colorado, two of my favourite states, so much to see in both states , but I realise you could not see everything, more's the pity, you're just going to have to return to see them.!

Will do Wyoming but not Colorado.

Montana - amazing scenery!

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
While you're in Montana, don't miss the Little Big Horn battleground, it's a really well presented memorial that gives a very good insight into the battle as you walk around the difficult terrain.
Then drop down into Wyoming - the state of most of my cowboying (well, cowGIRLing really), the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody is well worth a visit.

Hope you're still loving your travels (y)

Amazing how the time is flying past. Great suggestions and unfortunately we won't have time for either. 3 days in Yellowstone then we have to be in Toronto by August 30th at the latest for our 14 year old grandson who is with us to fly home. We want him to see amount Rushmore and Niiagra plus catch a friend in Illinois.

Running out of time but have had a great adventure so far.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Montana is very beautiful isn't it?
Yellowstone is amazing - I'll be interested to read what springs etc you visit and what wildlife you see. We very nearly got trapped in the park by snow one year, they'd closed all but the NE gate and the snowbanks either side of the road were probably 15' high.
You do keep bringing back some fantastic memories for me! - Thank you!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
While in the Yellowstone area, a visit to the Grand Teton NP should not be missed either.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That map's looking good!

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Chris, have seen on the map you have been in the Buffalo area, did you spend any time in the city?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Chris, have seen on the map you have been in the Buffalo area, did you spend any time in the city?
No, we were on a bit of a deadline to get our Grandson on a plane home today from Toronto to get back to school so we spent the Time in Niagara - did maid of the mist. I also spent a day taking grandson to meet an internet friend in Syracuse - same age, 14 years old. Bit of a drive but worth it.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
What a trip your grandson has had, he'll remember this forever.

Bit of a co-incidence as we have friends in Syracuse too, very pretty area. Over the years I keep hearing interesting things about Buffalo, next visit going to have to go there and find out what it's all about.

I think that is a wonderful opportunity you gave your grandson, hats off to both of you.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
What a trip your grandson has had, he'll remember this forever.

Bit of a co-incidence as we have friends in Syracuse too, very pretty area. Over the years I keep hearing interesting things about Buffalo, next visit going to have to go there and find out what it's all about.

I think that is a wonderful opportunity you gave your grandson, hats off to both of you.
Can't say we are not looking forward to a little extra space for the next 5 weeks . But we will miss him for sure.

He has grown a couple of inches at least. A 14 year old six footer

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
IMG_5122.JPG
Now on the last leg of our tour having entered Canada for the third and final time. We are spending the last three weeks on Prince Edward Island and in Nova Scotia before shipping the motorhome back from Halifax to Liverpool.

I countv31 states visited and Route 66 ticked off the bucket list and yet 6 months has still been too short. The blog is running a little behind but the site in PEI we arrived at yesterday has great internet so will hopefully catch up.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
are spending the last three weeks on Prince Edward Island and in Nova Scotia before

I will be interested to hear your views on this area as PEI and NS is one of the last places to visit on our bucked list.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I will be interested to hear your views on this area as PEI and NS is one of the last places to visit on our bucked list.
We have been to Nova Scotia before - absolutely brilliant - which is why we are going back - several blog posts from our first trip at this link which might help.
PEI seems equally as lovely but only on day two,

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
All good things...
Our final stop of our 6 month trip - thought you might like to see our final resting place (!) before we ship the vehicle home to the U.K. from Halifax.

Took this today with our drone.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Aw, how beautiful is that!!!
Don't know how you can bear to come home - I couldn't after just 2 months.
Hope your return journey goes smoothly.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have written the final blog of the trip with some of the stats and costs and the highlights - the link is here. We fly back from Halifax tomorrow and the motorhome follows a few days later back to Liverpool.

All our camping stops are on the pin map below - we started in Baltimore and went to Chicago - then clockwise around North America until eventually going back round Chicago and into Canada, ending up in Nova Scotia - approx 15,500 miles.

Shall be ready for a holiday when I get back!!!!

fullsizeoutput_27a2.jpeg

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
The thing is, how do you follow that!.