Great aftersales from IH (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I will post in the review section as well but you only tend to look there if you’re buying and I thought this might make a change from Covid and I wanted to show off my amazing skills!

We are on our second IH630RD, yes they are expensive but we like the layout and they suit us well. We changed to our new one just over a year ago because we wanted a Comformatic, I say we but I mean Nick.

We’ve had a few teething problems as you do but IH are very good, all sorted at it’s first habitation check before Christmas.

Then flip me Nick noticed flashing lights on the fridge control panel, obviously the main van control panel was off. These would come on and go off randomly. Once when they were on I managed to get the gas on and the fridge cooled. The lights couldn’t be turned off predictably. We plugged it into the mains to see it that would reset it but no. We contacted John in aftersales who recommended similar to what we’d done but in a different order. No joy.

He then sent a new control panel on the basis of what we’d told him, when it arrived he told me how to remove the old one. The worst bit was removing the little plug things from the new panel without damaging it and then putting it back in. Voila, it worked. If that hadn’t worked John was going to arrange for a mobile Dometic repair man to visit.

He phoned me later to check that it had worked. I know dealers get a lot of criticism but credit where its due. We have always found them to be really nice and John, who was new to aftersales last year, is very helpful.

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi Carolyn,
Hope you are both well. After looking at your IH when in Benidorm we ordered ours and will pick it up in April, very exciting.

Kind regards

Mike and Pam

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Carolyn,
Hope you are both well. After looking at your IH when in Benidorm we ordered ours and will pick it up in April, very exciting.

Kind regards

Mike and Pam
Golly, I do remember you both very well. I hope it all goes smoothly and hopefully we will bump into you both sometime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back