gray water tank (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just emptied the grey water tank I half filed the Gray water tank with water yesterday and dissolved a box of calgon tablets in a gallon bucket of hot water.
Poerd half down the sink and half down the shower well we have just emptied it after a wee drive round the town ,
I have never seen so much dirt come out of a tank shone the torch along the pipe after taking the rubber joining hose off and it is like new inside,
all the build up of every thing has gone had problems with it for sum time every thing I have tried didn't work to well.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just emptied the grey water tank I half filed the Gray water tank with water yesterday and dissolved a box of calgon tablets in a gallon bucket of hot water.
Poerd half down the sink and half down the shower well we have just emptied it after a wee drive round the town ,
I have never seen so much dirt come out of a tank shone the torch along the pipe after taking the rubber joining hose off and it is like new inside,
all the build up of every thing has gone had problems with it for sum time every thing I have tried didn't work to well.
The best way to keep it clean in the future, Bill, is to send me 20 quid once a month, and I will say something really special on your tanks behalf when I say my prayers each night. For 30, I will even kneel, which of coarse means it will be cleaner still!!(y)(y):)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Used to clean out my lunch flask with dishwasher powder and boiling water.

Table spoon of powder and half fill with boiling water,give it a shake and rinse out.

Coffee has to be the worst thing for staining flasks and the milk residue turned hard, plus limescale from out hard water but it shone like new every time no matter how disgusting i let lt get.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: SMB

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Good tip Bill I'm going to give that a go.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Thanks Bill.
I've been having trouble with my tank draining. I very often have to poke a bit of wire up the outlet to get it to flow. Must be a fat ball or similar I think. I will give your tip a try (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Bill.
I've been having trouble with my tank draining. I very often have to poke a bit of wire up the outlet to get it to flow. Must be a fat ball or similar I think. I will give your tip a try (y)
We /he had had to do that so we'll do as you have. Let's hope that clears it?
Thanks for the tip Bill.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Does the Calgon damage any pipes then that are plastic?
I thought Calgon was for washing machines with treatment for stainless steel only?

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thanks Bill.
Does the Calgon damage any pipes then that are plastic?
I thought Calgon was for washing machines with treatment for stainless steel only?
there are lodes of plastic components on washing machines

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back