Gravelines,where to eat? (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We spent our last night of our recent holiday at the aire at Gravelines,and would like to know where everyone`s choice of place to eat was in the town?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If we're there Friday night it has to be pizza from the van in the square. All pizzas made to order in a wood fired oven. Other than that we haven't eaten at Gravelines.

Denise

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Very rarely 'eat out' .. much prefer home cooked and if possible on the BBQ .. exception being a good fish supper or a pizza..

last night of our trip this year at Gravelines..
IMG_0948.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've not eaten out there although have stayed a few times. The town looks to have a nice selection of cafes and restaurants though.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ate out at one of the restaurants in the square, on the right as you face the town hall, can't remember the name of it but the local band were playing and all decamped there once they'd finished, I would use it again. Had a strange kebab from a place at the back of the square, it came with donner meat and chips inside the pitta :eek: The fish place, Compass maybe ? across the marina has had good reviews on here before but we haven't tried it yet.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ate out at one of the restaurants in the square, on the right as you face the town hall, can't remember the name of it but the local band were playing and all decamped there once they'd finished, I would use it again. Had a strange kebab from a place at the back of the square, it came with donner meat and chips inside the pitta :eek: The fish place, Compass maybe ? across the marina has had good reviews on here before but we haven't tried it yet.
Cap compass , if you are facing the water, walk to your left past the bus stops, go to the bridge turn round it and just up the road, excellent, been loads , cooks on open stove in the restaurant, tell him how you want it cooking or he might get a bit heavy on the salt;)
Also if you just want some chips , there's a place that's only just opened, just past the bus stops, very good.
By the way au cap compass isn't just fish , do very good steak and chicken

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just remembered, had a seafood meal at Hotel L'Alexander, right down by the beach by Rue de la Mer and I got a lovely dose of food poisoning a couple of years back. Was too ill to move, although Val was doing all the driving. Was really pleased I'd emptied the cassette just before we crossed, was brim full before I even felt like driving to the service point :sick:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just remembered, had a seafood meal at Hotel L'Alexander, right down by the beach by Rue de la Mer and I got a lovely dose of food poisoning a couple of years back. Was too ill to move, although Val was doing all the driving. Was really pleased I'd emptied the cassette just before we crossed, was brim full before I even felt like driving to the service point :sick:
Julie has seafood all the time, only time I touch fish is if it's got batter on;):)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also if you just want some chips , there's a place that's only just opened, just past the bus stops, very good.

we looked for it and it was closed.. and we were there over the week end

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we looked for it and it was closed.. and we were there over the week end
Closed for good , do you meen , it's only just opened this spring, there was a seafood stall there before but never saw that open, they were good chips and cheap as well

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Closed for good , do you meen , it's only just opened this spring, there was a seafood stall there before but never saw that open, they were good chips and cheap as well

I don't know if for good or not.. but there was no sign of life.. and we checked several times thinking they may not open till later .. :(

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Last time we were at Gravelines the old square inside the walls looked dead as the proverbial doornail, so we hiked a mile up to the seafront (easily accessible on bikes too) and ate at Le Palm Beach where at least there were other human beings visible. We were happy with the food. Quite a few other places to choose from up there too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back