Grave lines/ Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My husband and I spent a very pleasant night at Gravelines on Monday. Beautiful weather and not very busy. Met. A fellow funster, Suavecarve aka John and his lovely wife. Spent a very sociable evening chatting motorbikes and aires. We had a 10.36am tunnel booked next morning so initially thought we would leave the aire at about 8.30. We were up and about at 7 so decided to make a move..good job we did it took about an hour to get from the car park to the British customs. Quite a lot of security checking going on which I for one don't mind. There were a few people caught out by the lengthy wait and missed their slots. We however noticed that the call for letters J and K came up together. We were K so headed off....earlier train thank you very much. A very pleasant end to a fab holiday.
Oops just noticed the autocorrect blooper in the title but can't change it..apologies.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My husband and I spent a very pleasant night at Gravelines on Monday. Beautiful weather and not very busy. Met. A fellow funster, Suavecarve aka John and his lovely wife. Spent a very sociable evening chatting motorbikes and aires. We had a 10.36am tunnel booked next morning so initially thought we would leave the aire at about 8.30. We were up and about at 7 so decided to make a move..good job we did it took about an hour to get from the car park to the British customs. Quite a lot of security checking going on which I for one don't mind. There were a few people caught out by the lengthy wait and missed their slots. We however noticed that the call for letters J and K came up together. We were K so headed off....earlier train thank you very much. A very pleasant end to a fab holiday.
Oops just noticed the autocorrect blooper in the title but can't change it..apologies.
My favourite place in France(y) not because it is a nice friendly town , which it is , not because it's always sunny, because it isn't, not because of the wonderful cuisine, although there is some, not even because of the big market on Fridays, but because it's always the first place we stop when we go to France, and it really feels as if we are at last on holiday.(y):)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Didn't get an invite then.....tut tut.:(
A lucky escape for michelle!!!!

They are next door to us in northern bavaria....one van has already moved...within 30mins

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were there Monday night as well :)
Ah ha, you had the bike in the garage, parked on the left as you go in? We were chatting outside until gone 10.... Got a dirty look from one of the foreign vans in the field :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I will be there friday/sat after my friday crossing just get my head down for 5 hours and onto Italy

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
While people are talking about Gravelines, where is the nearest boulongerie to the aire. The only one we found was down a road to the right from the centre of town

Malcolm

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We had a rather pleasant night in Grave Lines (sic) as well Monday night. Forestboy, must be the couple that we met down the pub on our second bottle of wine and the 3rd was with Michelle. No problems getting through on the ferry and caught the earlier one as usual and now just trying to decipher all the advice and work out whether new van/fit a bike on the back, and which bike.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
It's Thu. night and we've just finished up after a big BBQ dinner at Gravelines after meeting up with friends. We'll be leaving before about 11:00 Fri to head West.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Plans a bit vague at the moment, but we should be there for a day or so mid-week next week before our ferry home v. early Fri am.

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
We had two nights there about a month ago. Went for a bike ride and when we came back someone had knocked our chairs which we had left out, had to laugh

surfbum

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
last time we were there i was breathalised at 5am going for thr ferry .lucky we had a very long days drive the day before and had dinner and went strait to bed so no vino .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We had two nights there about a month ago. Went for a bike ride and when we came back someone had knocked our chairs which we had left out, had to laugh

hate saying it.. but probably another motorhomer .. just about to leave.. saw your chairs and had them..

you get all sorts staying on aires ... and theft is not uncommon.. lock it up or lose it ...

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
don't you know the rule for Aires is no furniture to be put out its not a camp site

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
We stayed at Gravelines last night, a German couple in their Hymer had 2 bikes stolen from their cycle rack, they cut through the locks and high tailed it in opposite directions. Incident took place about 11pm

Pete

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for warning @Tykatem. We're there now, bikes secured with heavy duty motorbike lock but we'll be extra vigilant of curious noises in the nighttime.

Just debating turning the van round to make access difficult.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
First place to look for the bikes would be in the 'jungle' ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back