Grass Pavers - any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When our 3.5 tonne MH comes home from storage we have to pull it diagonally across our lawn, which is creating a wheel rut. I'd like to counter this by laying some plastic grass paver tiles which will support the wheels but allow the grass to grow through them so the lawn doesn't look like a parking bay. I reckon I need about 4 metres x 40cms, colour green, and I don't want to pay any more than is necessary.

Does anyone out there already use them, and if so are there any makes to go for (or avoid), and do you know any online suppliers who do a good deal on them? Thanks.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
See thread -
New Driveway for Motorhome
This is being discussed in it

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Think they are the same as you can put a shed on try ebay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I bought a load off eBay - they come in multiples of 8 from recollection. They are called Plastic paving driveway, grid turf lawn gravel protector drainage mat.

Cost me ÂŁ38 for 16 which included delivery.

Easy to lay and very effective

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
They are very good and will support a reasonable weight. The most important thing to remember the final result like all things will be down to the preparation. You will find it necessary to dig out and put stone in underneath just as you would with concrete. The grass paving is the final bit that will sit on your prepared surface. When you back fill you have a couple of options. If you have retained the grass then you can put it straight on top of the grass paving and then put a piece of thick ply on top and either use a wacker plate or just jump up and down on it and the grass will be pushed I the honeycombe. You will then end up with the same grass finish.

Each manufacture will / should have a recommended maxium weight capacity and I have seen some with a driven weight and a standing weight given

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I have over the years laid thousands of these both concrete and plastic ones .The concrete units are used on areas to cater for heavier traffic such as Fire engines ,so would support an Rv .
The plastic ones would be fine for you as long as the ground underneath has been dug out and replaced with stone in layers and given adequate compaction,then lay the blocks on a bed of sand, fill with topsoil and seed.
Grasscrete are a good make

Vlad

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back