Aug 15, 2011
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Newbie !
Hello there,

Can any body guide us to a quality graphics dealer please? We are just in the process of buying a 'proper motor home' (I currently have a panel van conversion ! We have to start somewhere i suppose!:Sad:) The graphics are a little 'dog eared' and I would like to improve the vehicles look with a set of decals. They do not have to be original designs(Auto cruise Star blazer) just 'prettier'!:thumb:
Kindest regards Paul

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi most sign makers use laser cut vinyl and would probably be able to do a match on the existing graphics.

artall signage may be one to try on your doorstep. http://www.artall.co.uk

Upvote 0

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
grapgics

hi if your going to the malvern show this weekend there is a good graphics stall there .his web site is called graphic de,signs. ive had stuff of him before and its very good his name is david, hope this helps.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hello there,

Can any body guide us to a quality graphics dealer please? We are just in the process of buying a 'proper motor home' (I currently have a panel van conversion ! We have to start somewhere i suppose!:Sad:) The graphics are a little 'dog eared' and I would like to improve the vehicles look with a set of decals. They do not have to be original designs(Auto cruise Star blazer) just 'prettier'!:thumb:
Kindest regards Paul

Not much use to you Paul as this was in Carlisle, but I had the same problem, Autocruise Starseeker. The graphics were crap, all peeling and shrinking after only 2.5 years.

Went to see a proper graphics company and they copied them from the originals & applied them. Cost me less than 200 quid and when I picked the van up I asked at what speed he thought they would be OK to. "They are the same as Virgin Atlantic planes are covered with so you'll be OK as long as you don't go over 600 mph. :Eeek: :thumb:

The decals are put to attract new buyers, not to last the lifetime of the van it would seem. :Doh:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not much use to you Paul as this was in Carlisle, but I had the same problem, Autocruise Starseeker. The graphics were crap, all peeling and shrinking after only 2.5 years.

Went to see a proper graphics company and they copied them from the originals & applied them. Cost me less than 200 quid and when I picked the van up I asked at what speed he thought they would be OK to. "They are the same as Virgin Atlantic planes are covered with so you'll be OK as long as you don't go over 600 mph. :Eeek: :thumb:

The decals are put to attract new buyers, not to last the lifetime of the van it would seem. :Doh:

Try to keep below 38000 ft too:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Havewheelswilltravel

Free Member
Feb 25, 2011
Farnham
Funster No
MH
American RV A class
Exp
God 1st a Bedford when the wheel was invented
Can I just ask on this thread.
Was it difficult to take the old ones off as we are having a right mess trying to get old ones off.

The company we spoke to said £500 for a 28 foot rv
Then said if we wanted him to take old off would be about £500 to remove old ones.

Alan

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Can I just ask on this thread.
Was it difficult to take the old ones off as we are having a right mess trying to get old ones off.

The company we spoke to said £500 for a 28 foot rv
Then said if we wanted him to take old off would be about £500 to remove old ones.

Alan

I'm sure it will depend on how the originals were applied. Why not ask what is involved in removing them as it's so expensive.

Ours were simple self adhesive ones that you can soften with a hair dryer, then remove any adhesive left with Olive Oil.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back