grape harvest when is it ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just wondering when they harvest the grapes i would love to see the proses of making the wine dont think we could pick much
bill

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We won't see it then as we come back sept 3rd
thanks
bill

That's a decent trip you having this time, didn't I read you are off next week?

The further south you are the earlier they will harvest the grapes, we found a great free temporary aire in Gan, near the Pyrenees a few years back, opposite the wine producing place (never did work out what that place is really called)

Tours, sales and great pizza and bakers next to aire (y)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It depends which region you are in. Area 66 is usually end of August, but in some areas it can be as late as early October. It all depends on the weather.
This photo was taken a very long time ago at the vendange in Roussillon, feeding the grapes into the hopper.

Attachments

• tour of france 018_1.jpg
    tour of france 018_1.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 22
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
bit of reading here, will use it ourselves, we go over on 15th Sept (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

The further south you are the earlier they will harvest the grapes, we found a great free temporary aire in Gan, near the Pyrenees a few years back, opposite the wine producing place (never did work out what that place is really called)

Six weeks David if it was not for two hospital appointments we would've had nine and a half weeks.
so looking forward to it :Grin:
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

Six weeks David if it was not for two hospital appointments we would've had nine and a half weeks.
so looking forward to it :Grin:
there having very good ripening weather some will be starting early august i believe
bill

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Many smaller vinyards have aires , most of which are free with no obligation to buy the products, but will gladly show you what they make and also supply tasting sessions, some of the wines can be purchased for around 5 euros, so a couple of bottles or so makes for a cheap over night . We once stayed on a vineyard aire in the middle of nowhere and the owner gave complimentary bottles of his own wines.
(y)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
september in our house think we wil have 25kilos easy this year but all we do with them is make grape jam cant even find a wine maker who wants them

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Last year we were in Alsace 9-13th September and the harvest was in full swing - but it really depends on the weather. We were also in Alsace in September 2016 from 1st to 8th and didn't see any signs of harvesting going on at that time. As mentioned the further south you go,the earlier it tends to be.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
september in our house think we wil have 25kilos easy this year but all we do with them is make grape jam cant even find a wine maker who wants them
Hello !!!!! You have 25kgs of grapes and want to make them into wine ?

You have 2 choices with me. I can lend you the stuff (my press is broken though) or I could do it for you. Let me know if youre interested.

PS i am a complete amateur but have done it before and I suspect i may have a similar amount.

Hants surrey border or drop them off in Guildford

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
just wondering when they harvest the grapes i would love to see the proses of making the wine dont think we could pick much
bill
[/QUOTE

For the last three years the grapes have been picked around the second or third week in August in Burgundy, Bill, so you may be lucky.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back