Grange over Sands (1 Viewer)

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
If you are as anoyed as I am at some of the CCs policies then camping there is Wildcamping!
Since I sign in on the home page I don't necessarily notice which section a post is in!
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers by suggesting anyone paid for a site.

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
If you are as anoyed as I am at some of the CCs policies then camping there is Wildcamping!
Since I sign in on the home page I don't necessarily notice which section a post is in!
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers by suggesting anyone paid for a site.
No feathers ruffled no need to apologize ,not a member of CC so I'm not sure what you mean ,We are booked on a site Sat and Sun but want to go on Friday but cant get there until late Friday (work Commitments )So was thinking of a stop over for Friday night and get to the site early Sat,anybody help please.
oddjob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
If it is a free overnight you could try the Station carpark but be ready to move off early. I recently use the Gretna Green one and was comforted by the number of cameras watching over me.
If you are looking for some pub grub then it is worth asking if you can park overnight in their car park (before you confirm your meal booking!).

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
The road leading to Meathop fell cc site just off the dual carriageway has a few stoppable spots if I remember rightly. Or what about the road leading to Sizergh castle a few miles before. Lovely big (quiet) layby there.

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In fact following on from ips's suggestion, there's the Strickland Arms, right next to the gates for Sizergh - they have a decent car park & there's a sigh that clearly says you can leave your car overnight, so I would think if you asked them there wouldn't be a problem with the van - the beer in there is ace too :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Michael and Annie

Free Member
Sep 28, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth
Exp
4yrs
The road leading to Meathop fell cc site just off the dual carriageway has a few stoppable spots if I remember rightly. Or what about the road leading to Sizergh castle a few miles before. Lovely big (quiet) layby there.

Or, instead of turning on to the A590 up to Sizergh, take the B road turnoff to Sedgwick. Couple of very quiet lay-bys and the opportunity to watch the salmon jumping up the weir! Also lovely walks through Levens Park Estate, dogs welcome on lead, lots of wildlife - buzzards, deer, Bagot goats, the occasional fox..............

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Usually cc sites have a late arrivals pitch or two outside the gate, with EHU if required for overnighting. Most have 2 or 3.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back