Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We are trying to decide if we should take the plunge and buy an 06 Grande Frontier, on sale at Oaktree. I have read all the comments, regarding issues when they were new, and am aware that they were only made for a short time. I would love to hear from anyone who has had one, as there appears to be conflicting reports, although it seems that most of the negative comments are from people who have never actually owned one. The layout ticks all the boxes for us, and we were impressed with the quality of the fittings. Also has anyone bought from Oaktree recently, as we had a bad experience, when buying from them 8 years ago, and would like to know if they've improved

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I've chatted to a couple of owners and they were both happy with there vans sorry I can't help anymore nice looking vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You wont find many people who ve owned them because they didnt make many.

Ive spoken to a couple of them over the years, one was very guarded in what he said, the other hated it and had hated since soon after he bought it but couldnt sell it, and that is the problem - if you buy it and dont like it - it will be difficult to sell. As well as the quality issues of course. IMO you could get a nice Hymer or similar with proven technology for the same money.

Jon

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Brilliant layout, but external storage seemed limited.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Always buy with a view to selling....... a very nice looking van but tarred with a "history" and only a few made. As Jon says, better to get something proven.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looks very nice to me, you don't mention price , maybe the sell on price is already taken care of if its at the right money, and would you want to be selling it anyway(y):)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
They had one a few months ago that was in a very sorry state - especially the bathroom. Seems surprising they have another given that they made so few.

Such a pity as the layout was just what we we looking for. It's close to where we live and I spent a lot of time down there when we were looking. I've read mixed reviews about them.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I heard that the reason they stopped making them was the Base chassis changed, so their design wouldn't fit the new one.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I think they made little over 30
examples before they ran out of chassis from Mercedes and the alternative chassis was not cost viable
I fitted solars on one at least 4 yrs ago the owners were delighted with it and had like you read all the negatives.
The ones I've seen for sale have tended to be overpriced
From memory some had issues with the grp of the rear wall

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We bought our (new to us) Burstner from Oaktree 2 months ago, and would buy from them in the future, if they had what we wanted.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looks very nice to me, you don't mention price , maybe the sell on price is already taken care of if its at the right money, and would you want to be selling it anyway(y):)
Just had a look at the actual advert , at 35 grand for a nearly 10 year old van I think I will have to revise my initial thoughts:(

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Have seen a couple advertised, and they seem to fetch a good price. Although we have been speaking to Oaktree today, and once again think the salesmanship attitude stunk. Perhaps it is me, but this is a really big purchase for us, and would have thought that a £35k sale, would have encouraged a bit of interest from them. Silly me!! Hubby now refuses to buy from them, so looks like we need to go to Lincoln this weekend. Thanks for the input

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
A long time ago when I was a car salesman we where not paid any wages it was all commision.
It makes you treat every customer like a King/Queen.
Maybe the salesman is an overpaid arsehole.

Everything is ment to be.
there loss.
You will find the right MH for you.
Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.