Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
To me, it's very expensive and totally impractical for exploring just about anywhere! No doubt it's far from economical to run so that's a definite "no" from me.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
If your MH lifestyle is based on luxury living with a living space that allows you move about freely then this is a perfect MH.
Since I drive a MH of 9m+ it fits my criteria so I'm obviously biased,however, I have never had problems going anywhere I desired because of the size so if your a capable driver you won't either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
To me, it's very expensive and totally impractical for exploring just about anywhere! No doubt it's far from economical to run so that's a definite "no" from me.

Is that an opinion based on driving similar sized vehicles?

Ian

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We considerd a Panorama but decided against the goldfish bowl of a window. It means that the drop down bed projects further into the living space and the roof.ine has to be raised to compensate.
We settled for an Elegance 810i instead which we loved for long term touring and which is now sadly up for sale (we have had to pack it in due to health reasons)
Details of the Elegance here if you are interested:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi @Dazzles

Its difficult to know how far to go with this as I'm not sure how much experience you have.

Its a lot of motorhome for the money but then again that sort of money buys a lot of motorhome.
If you are buying your first mh I would strongly advise buying something cheaper to start off with as most people dont get it right first time and trying to sell a mh privatley for that sort of money can be difficult.

I notice its on Spanish plates, who is going to pay to get it registered in UK?

IMO if we re not talking large RV's, I dont think mpg matters too much, motorhomes dont tend to do large annual mileages and the difference between 20 and 30mpg over 5-10000 miles is not very much in the scheme of things.

My personal view I would shy away from the grand panorama because - even though I like a lot of glass - that is just a bit too much for hot climes, making it hard to keep the temperature inside down. otherwise Burstner Elegance offers a reasonable package for the price and IMO sits around the middle of quality A-classes ( there are other less well specced models in the Burstner range)

Any reasonably competent driver should be able to handle the size of it as they re not overwide or overtall, there may be some places where you are too long to go but you will soon weigh up where they are. One issue that that length does seem to have is rear ground clearance, the end of the rear overhang is not far off the ground so grounding can be an issue. but on the plus side its low enough to get under the trees on mediterannean campsites.

Hope this helps

Jon

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The windscreen is the same type used on some coaches. Ive heard tales that they are prone to water ingress because they are so huge, apparently they expand/contract and flex and water gets inside. Should you have a problem with the screen you won't get one off the shelf from Autoglass. There are quite a few around for sale. Avoid IMO.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We spoke to a German guy who had one he said he could not get windscreen cover I understand he went through Burstner for cover it may be different in the UK very nice van

He also had problems with the front windscreen blinds sagging

OP
OP
Dazzles
Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
Great feedback, thanks everyone. We had decided to opt for a LHD MH as all our touring will be in Europe. Further investigation in to this however seems to point to an absolute ball ache registering a foreign LHD MH in the U.K.

I've driven RHD in Europe and and it's very manageable just not ideal.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Great feedback, thanks everyone. We had decided to opt for a LHD MH as all our touring will be in Europe. Further investigation in to this however seems to point to an absolute ball ache registering a foreign LHD MH in the U.K.

Far easier & far cheaper than registering a UK one in Spain.:D

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I used to have RHD and 6 years ago went LHD. Any future van will almost certainly be LHD its so much better. And I had also driven RHD for many years in Europe.

There are many on here who have registered foreign Mhs in UK without too many problems, its just something to factor in when deciding IMO.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
As Craig has said with Burstner,build wise you are pretty safe,its a good quality motorhome .If the layout suits you and you like the idea of the panoramic windscreen then go for it .you are only here once so they tell me(y) Its the same size as our Arto and we never struggle to get on or off site and the interior space is great.Enjoy.
Brian & Jo

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just wondering if they were ever sold on the German market? There isn't one for sale on mobile.de certainly not on the first 10 pages of Burstners :unsure:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We have LHD and much prefer it to RHD, both at home and on the Continent. We'd be very reluctant to go back to RHD.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I thought this was going to be a photo thread .... doh

Credit

IMG_1311.JPG

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have a 8.9 MTR van not had any problems as in the last 7 years but only done the UK up to now its horses for courses but the huge wind screen would be a no no for me but the one Mackems had would be more my choice.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
My personal view I would shy away from the grand panorama because - even though I like a lot of glass - that is just a bit too much for hot climes, making it hard to keep the temperature inside down.

A French couple drove on to a site we were on,in a Panorama.
They showed me round it.
It is a lovely van, big garage and lounge area. Electric fixed bed, the works.

He said that the heat from the panoramic windscreen was too much, so had a vinyl wrap fitted at the top of screen the same colour as bodywork.

He said they didnt make many and They dont make them anymore.
Lovely motor though(y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Maybe it's just me but the leather seems to have stretched a fair bit. Wonder why?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Just wondering if they were ever sold on the German market? There isn't one for sale on mobile.de certainly not on the first 10 pages of Burstners :unsure:

I have had a number of searches running on mobile.de for a long time and they do come up from time to time and don't seem to hang around for long!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Apart from DVLA taking their time it's no problem registering LHD in the UK.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
A French couple drove on to a site we were on,in a Panorama.
They showed me round it.
It is a lovely van, big garage and lounge area. Electric fixed bed, the works.

He said that the heat from the panoramic windscreen was too much, so had a vinyl wrap fitted at the top of screen the same colour as bodywork.

He said they didnt make many and They dont make them anymore.
Lovely motor though(y)

IMHO the last paragraph of this post tells the story.....

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Just observation but, no grill, no microwave, gas oven above the freezer? too high? 10k too dear
Travel world have a similar vehicle cheaper. But you can see the tv on this one but looks like its been moved, they were beside the hab door. and you need an owl neck to view it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back