GPS Tomtom Go 1000 & Garmin nüvi 1695 (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anybody have any of these two sat navs Tomtom Go 1000 & Garmin nüvi 1695... there views and feedback would much be appreciated...or any other sat nav around the same price
Thank you Mel:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Love my Tom Tom, it may not be the most up to date, but very easy to use and resets itself if you go off route very quickly ::bigsmile:

Hate my Garmin nuvi, very poor speaker, slow to open and set up but very accurate
If you go off route it takes it,s time recalculating:Angry:

So no contest for me
I just keep the Garmin as a back up

Happy Daze
chrisboyo

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Love my Tom Tom, it may not be the most up to date, but very easy to use and resets itself if you go off route very quickly ::bigsmile:

Hate my Garmin nuvi, very poor speaker, slow to open and set up but very accurate
If you go off route it takes it,s time recalculating:Angry:

So no contest for me
I just keep the Garmin as a back up

Happy Daze
chrisboyo

Hi chrisboyo, I have TomTom already and yes its great....I also have a very old Garmin quest 2 that is now very limited, also I have to keep changing the the countries with map source as it has limited memory and of course well out of date...(I had a Acer, that was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever purchased, and one from a supermarket over here in France just for France that was no good so the two sat navs, the supermarket one and the Acer have gone in the dustbin....
The two models, I wanting feedback if possible from funster's who use them, Or others in the same price range
As I need one for the car and one for the Motorhome to save me keep changing/removing one to the other....:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't know about the Garmin Mel... but the TomTom 1000 PLUS LIVE I find superb.

The Google live search is so useful... I am trundling down the road and want a burger, a supermarket, a chemist, a "whatever"... tap in the request and the options are there in front of you with the distances to them and, of course, the offer to lead you there should you so wish...

Brilliant...

Mind you you have to pay €40 a year(ish) for these (and other) services so it might hurt your natural inclination to keep your cash in your piggy bank...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe the Garmin offers this as well... I do not know nor care to find out because for me... TOMTOM ROOLS :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I don't know about the Garmin Mel... but the TomTom 1000 PLUS LIVE I find superb.

The Google live search is so useful... I am trundling down the road and want a burger, a supermarket, a chemist, a "whatever"... tap in the request and the options are there in front of you with the distances to them and, of course, the offer to lead you there should you so wish...

Brilliant...

Mind you you have to pay €40 a year(ish) for these (and other) services so it might hurt your natural inclination to keep your cash in your piggy bank...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe the Garmin offers this as well... I do not know nor care to find out because for me... TOMTOM ROOLS :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

Thanks JJ speak to you soon:thumb:...........Mel

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Isn't it funny I have two Garmins and one TomTom, love the garmins but find the tomtom slow and painful to use, ah well:Doh:

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back